Unregulated guns ??

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Anyone entering a public entertainment venue with a weapon is running the risk of having it confiscated by the police, and losing the license to carry a weapon. This warning was issued by the chief of police, General Bernardo Santana Paez. Santana Paez said that it would no longer be permitted to store weapons upon entering discos or other popular spots where alcoholic beverages are served. The general said that the police would be redoubling their efforts to reduce the number of gun-related incidents in public places. The measure even includes off-duty police and military personnel. From now on, according to the police chief, no weapons of any sort will be allowed in places where alcohol is served.

although i'm just a tourist, this is kinda scary. is this law generated from the shooting incident at the club in Santo Domingo ?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Copied from Daily News - Wednesday, 03 January 2007 (Kyle, kindly cite the source when you copy and paste - thanks)

Why do you find it scary? I think it is a good thing.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sorry Chris...to think that before this law there could be several drunken police/military in a club with me. and if something happens i got drunken people with guns around me. the guns don't scare me, it's the people on the trigger end that does....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
anyone explain it to me, as i come from the country where guns are not normal, how is it is USA? can you go anywhere with your gun, providing you have a valid licence?
what about DR?
i once dined here with a general x and he had his gun on the table, next to his glass with ron, is that NORMAL?

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Hi dv8--

I reside in Florida which has realatively loose gun laws. I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. I went through a thorough background check.

Washington DC has the toughest gun laws in the nation...and the highest murder rate. Liberals denying reality..as usual.

You may NOT, in Florida "carry" in an establishmnet that serves liquor as a primary service, not at any sporting event, nor any school grounds and it's not an item to "get leverage" in an argument.

Break those laws and you're in the lockup...and lose your license for life

BUT, if you are threatened seriously or anyone is in your house you have NO DUTY TO RETREAT. I am a senior citizen and appreciate these laws. Tree huggers and anti-gun advocates carry little currency with me.

The nutcake wackos have guns and if I go into a tough area, my trusty equalizer is with me..on the front seat of the car or in my holster on my belt...concealed.

"Outlaw guns and outlaws will be the only ones with guns." Deny that, and you deny reality, a mantra of liberals.

How often do I "carry"?...about once a year...maybe. Licensed gun owner crimes? Nearly zero in Florida and there are zillions of licensed gun owners.

Assault weapons? Absurd. No one needs an AK or M-16 except screwballs.

Cheers...

George Holmes

Nov 15, 2006
dofieldwork.blogspot.com
Someone I know was shot dead by a drunk policeman outside a rural colmado in an argument about dominoes. The policeman paid 3000 pesos to his boss, and got off the charges....

Sometimes I hate this country, if the price of someone's life is 3000 pesos.

Anyway, this rule does not affect colmados, the site of the majority of drinking, and therefore I would presume drunken violence

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
would the policeman be interested to go to poland and shoot my ex PE teacher? i'd give him 4.000. hell, even 5.000!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so i have to hope i never get into an argument in a club over a chica with a policia or military person...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
-insert devil's face here-
question to everyone who owns a gun:
have you ever, ever, even for a second, wanted to take the gun out and shoot the head off someone who was really getting on your nerves?
i have.
i'd like to have a superpower of struggling people at long distances...
having and carrying guns is good, but not being able to do so in certain circumstances is even better.

ps women should NOT carry a gun on their PMS days... LOL

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Let me get this in quickly. We're talking about guns not being allowed in public entertainment venues in the DR. I will relentlessly delete every thread talking about guns in Texas, Luisiana, Alabama, Florida ... should you carry, would you carry, would you shoot, who would you not shoot .... you get the picture... DR content only.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/55788-gun-limit.html?highlight=weapons

Last edited: