Catching the Last Caribetours Bus to Jarabacoa

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
I am hoping that someone could give me some advise on making connections to Jarabacoa. I will be arriving at SDQ at around 2 PM on a Friday afternoon in January and need to catch the 4:30 PM Caribetours bus to Jarabacoa from the terminal on Av 27 Febuary in the capital. I have a friend picking me up at the airport and driving me to the bus terminal. Even with no complications at the airport I probably won't get to the bus station until 3 or 3:30, and if there are any delays it will be even later. Because the 4:30 bus is the last bus of the day, and on a Friday to boot, I am wondering if I need to take any steps to insure that I get a seat (actually two seats) on that bus. I possible could have my friends stop at the bus terminal on thier way to the airport and buy the tickets, but from what I have heard possession of a ticket by itself does not guarantee a seat on the bus. Should I be sure to cue up in the line as soon as I get to the terminal? I know the slot that the bus will be in is not decided till the bus arrives so I would have to keep on top of this. Or am I making this overly complicated? I am assuming that the bus may be sold out. I only have a couple of days to spend in Jarabacoa and I have reservations at a hotel there for Friday night so I would like to be relativly sure to get there. I was hoping that someone would have some experiance with Caribetours and be able to share some advice with me. The same question goes for my return trip to the capital on the 4:30 PM bus Sunday afternoon. Any help that can be offered, as always, is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Man, my eyes are going bad. I thought this thread was about Lost Carburetors...:cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Have your friend get your tickets for that last bus.
I think you can make it...

Have fun, enjoy the break.

HB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You are right, buying a ticket ahead of time will not get you a seat. As long as you arrive by around 4 pm you shouldn't have any problems getting a ticket and a seat. I've taken this bus around 5-6 times and it keeps to it's schedule and will leave at 4:30-4:35 pm. The bus parks in the same spot each time, either the first or second slot closest to the terminal. They will anounce it over the loudspeaker. If you wander outside about 4:25 you'll see the line starting to form. Make sure you hold your spot because you'll get pushed to back. Not as rudely as in Europe, but still it will happen. In Jarabacoa there is never a problem getting on, just show up 15 minutes early to buy your ticket.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Great Information

Thank you very much for the replies. Every other time I have come through SDQ I have had no delays or problems so I am hoping to be at the bus station by 3:00 or 3:15 with my pre-bought tickets in my hand. Then again this is the DR so I might yet find my best laid plans up-ended. It would not be the first time a change of plans was sprung on me but I always manage to still turn it into an enjoyable time. If the company is good and the beer is cold I'm happy. Thanks again for the help. Brian

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you're late, it'll be more likely due to your flight than once you land, having 2 1/2 hours to make the bus should be plenty of time otherwise...good luck and have a great trip!