Hot Water Now Now Now

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Installed unit this week. Made in Santiago. Lots of Hot Water (90 gal) even with the overcast. No more worries about the bill from using the electric water heater. Has a built in electric heater in case we have several days of rain. Hope the photo works.

SolarWaterHeater.jpg
[/IMG]

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Installed unit this week. Made in Santiago. Lots of Hot Water (90 gal) even with the overcast. No more worries about the bill from using the electric water heater. Has a built in electric heater in case we have several days of rain. Hope the photo works.

Where (from whom) did you get it and how much did it cost?

Thanks! ... J-D.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
holy water

Very nice! So, where from and how much? and how long have you had it and how hot is the water ... and and .. details please!

i like "how hot is the water"... :D

since i have moved here in july i had a proper shower only once - the water hot, just how i like it, and the pressure so good i could actually stand freely and not crouch against the shower wall to catch a feeble barely warm stream coming out of a shower head...

man, that makes you appreciate bath time, does it not? :cheeky:

three weeks in a new apartment, still no hot water, certainly an improvement in comparison to the previous flat - no water at all for about 6 weeks and whatever bought by a truck disappearing down the drain in hours... :ermm:

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Solar Water Heater

The cost was 56,000 RD + about 2, 500 RD for a plummer to do the connections for 3 bathrooms and the kitchen. The water is HOT. I will get a thermometer reading if I can locate the instant read one. If you want the Installer/manufacturer info send me a PM and I will give him your #.

Installed on the 3rd of Jan. Very neat install, secured well and I don't think it's going anywhere. Not visable from the street.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
interesting. is it secure so noone can steal it ?

Very good point.!!! BTW Kyle sorry to hear you won't be in SD to attend the Dinner party.!!! You are leaving that morning so I understand.....1-15-07......

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
RD $60,000 for such an installation seems interesting - a saving of RD $3,000 per month by keeping my electricity usage below the 700 KwHrs would mean I would recoup my investment within 20 months!! IF (as I suspect) we could kick some of the solar power through to the inverter too, I suspect my savings would be quite a bit higher. PM on the way to you!!

I understand that Sensacion Hotel just outside Puerto Plata might have these installed - I have seen something similar on their roofs when visiting my chiropractor! I'll call in next week & see what they paid for each unit! ~ Grahame.

gini

Dec 12, 2005
That seems very interesting! but the two solar panels are ?passive? panels, not the photovoltaic ones, therefore a power supply is nevertheless necessary to make circulate water in the panels, I suppose?

Thx for the info !

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Would be nice if you posted contact info for this installer...A tel # would be fine....Also is this buisness located in Santiago? Or elsewhere....? You said it was manufactured in Santiago ..But who is the distributor and the name of the company...?

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can get a tank less electric water heater that is installed outside your house and supplies hot water at will. Of course it uses electricity. How much, I don?t know, but it always works. Cost me about $600 US installed. You need both an electrician and a plumber.

The brand that I have is Eemax Flow Controlled. It is made in Connnecticut. It is small and is mounted in Cement.

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Solar Water Heater

My system is passive, no electric required unless you choose to use back-up electricity. Working with DR1 to set up ad. In the intrium you can PM me for more info.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
What has been your experience with that Eemax Heater? I know it takes a lot of electricity to heat the water but it isn't on but for a short time. I have a regular washer and dryer and they are not the source of my electricity problems because they are used only twice a week. My expense is the a/c. I would think the Eemax delivers you a great shower and you hardly see any change to your electric bill. So tell us about it.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
How much is it going to cost for preventative maintenance? This has to be done about every six months. Do you know anyone that does this?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What has been your experience with that Eemax Heater? I know it takes a lot of electricity to heat the water but it isn't on but for a short time. I have a regular washer and dryer and they are not the source of my electricity problems because they are used only twice a week. My expense is the a/c. I would think the Eemax delivers you a great shower and you hardly see any change to your electric bill. So tell us about it.

I don't have a washer hooked up to it, but for everything else there is always hot water.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Please, I was asking about your electric bill. How does it impact your electric bill. Thanks.