What do the kids need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marimu

Jul 22, 2006
Hi Guys....I?m kinda new to the board, but you guys have been fabulous. The information I have got from this board regarding my move to D.R. has been incredible. I am livng here in Spain until my move to DR sometime this spring (I hope) I would really like to help the kids....From the posts on the board it seems as though rocky is the guy to talk to. Since it?s easy for me to get hold of materials in spanish please let me know what the kids are in need of then most.......If I can be of any help at all please let me know.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi Guys....I?m kinda new to the board, but you guys have been fabulous. The information I have got from this board regarding my move to D.R. has been incredible. I am livng here in Spain until my move to DR sometime this spring (I hope) I would really like to help the kids....From the posts on the board it seems as though rocky is the guy to talk to. Since it?s easy for me to get hold of materials in spanish please let me know what the kids are in need of then most.......If I can be of any help at all please let me know.
Actually, I know very little about which would be the best organization to donate to.
If & when I get any supplies, I simply give them directly to poor families.
It does occur to me that with the weight restrictions for baggage, these days, and that you are moving here, you will have precious little room for bringing supplies, unless you have some other angle worked out.
As for what they need, they need almost anything you bring, but Spanish books might be a good idea.

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
A Source For You

Marimu,
Please see my thread: Helping Schools Via Fundacion Patria. It will give you some background on a great organization. My suggestion as to what specific Spanish language materials are needed, I am going to suggest that you contact Sr. Mario Mattana, one of the founders of FP. Mario's email is: mmattana@funroyale-tropicale.com I am confident that Mario will be more helpful than I. If you do have any additional questions for me after reading my thread, please contact me through this board or with a PM.

Thank you for your interest in helping the Dominican children.

SB

Status
Not open for further replies.