I would like opinions on "quelaci?n".

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
During a recent trip to the DR I met a Dominican naturalist doctor who told me about a medical treatment called "quelaci?n" that is available in Sto. Domingo. Sorry, I don't know the name of the english equivalent--but the procedure supposedly cleans arteries that are blocked by the build-up of plaque that accumulates over the years. The treatment is comprised of weekly IV's of some kind of fluid that safely dissolves this plaque and it is passed from the body with urination.
I asked my own medical practioner about this here in the States and she admitted that she knew next to nothing about it. She did say however, that this precedure is not done in the US because it has not yet been approved by the FDA. I am thinking that I might want to have this done during my next trip to the DR. I would be very appreciative if anyone can contribute any info regarding any personal experience that you might have had with this. Thanks

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Do a search of...

chelation therapy and you'll find plenty of information on the treatment. Good luck. Don't have any personal experience, sorry.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
One of my brother-in-law's friends, does it.
I met him 8 or 9 years ago.
Nice guy, somewhat obese, swore that he would have died, had it not been for the quelation.
Can't say that I remember all the details, but he went to another country, South of Canada (everything is South of Canada) several times a year.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Quelation therapy is used often to tread acute poisoning, particularly heavy metal poisoning, such as with arsenic, lead, mercury. The therapy is based on the ability of certain compounds, such as EDTA (ethylenediamide tetraacetic acid) to bind (quelate) with the molecules of the poison. Its use as a rejuvenation therapy is still in question, however many practitioners (and patients) wear by it...

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Quelation therapy is used often to tread acute poisoning, particularly heavy metal poisoning, such as with arsenic, lead, mercury. The therapy is based on the ability of certain compounds, such as EDTA (ethylenediamide tetraacetic acid) to bind (quelate) with the molecules of the poison. Its use as a rejuvenation therapy is still in question, however many practitioners (and patients) wear by it...

Note: typo: where it reads "wear by it..." should read "swear by it..." and thanks to the kind poster who brought it to my attention... ;-)