Laundromat?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
During one trip when I stayed two months I used a local Wash n Fold service.
Great service - but when you added it up I could've bought a washing machine and the chick to clean em too.

I also noticed they were very busy and based on what I was paying thought it could be a good venture.

Thoughts? I just wonder about the rent and of course the power bill.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Down the street from us, they charge 200 pesos for a big load.
Washed, dried and folded.
That's 6 bucks, US.
For that, you have to rent a locale, buy the machines, supply soap and dryer sheets, pay taxes, pay employees and electricity.
Doesn't sound like there's a fortune left over with all those expenses.
The coin operated machines at our condos cost 100 pesos for wash & dry, but you supply the soap & dryer sheets, the condo project is supplying the locale and electricity, and there are no employees and taxes to pay.
The difference is 3 bucks per load.
Draw your own conclusions.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Good point. I guess the one I had used was actually part of a condo/apartment complex which did it's own laundry and had the outside service as well.

Guess that would make more sense.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
When I stay in Sosua, I always use a laundry place. Its so cheap and if you put the clothes in early enough, then you can get them back the same day. I love the smell of them when we get them back!! So much so that I brought 5 bags of washing powder back with my on my last trip.

I think the most it ever cost me was like 200 pesos, and that was for about 15 items, a mixture of jeans, skirts and tops. Cant complain at that price.