Areas in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I have no idea of the names of all the different areas in Pueto Plata. I have a hard enough time trying to remember how to get to different places.

Can anyone tell me the name of an area that starts 'Los' and the next word begins with 'C'. It should be the area not too far away from Jose Luis supermarket....i think.

Anyone know a good map of Puerto Plata that shows all of the areas?

A

apostropheman

do you mean los charamicos? the western side of sosua?
carte-sosua1.jpg

I have no idea of the names of all the different areas in Pueto Plata. I have a hard enough time trying to remember how to get to different places.

Can anyone tell me the name of an area that starts 'Los' and the next word begins with 'C'. It should be the area not too far away from Jose Luis supermarket....i think.

Anyone know a good map of Puerto Plata that shows all of the areas?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The Province of Puerto Plata includes 8 Municipalities other than San Felipe de Puerto Plata totaling 1857 sq km, not so small.

Altamira
Guananico
Imbert
La Isabela
Los Hidalgos
Luperon
Sosua
Nuevo Espaillat

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
No, not Sosua. Its definately Puerto Plata. It definately starts with 'Los' and then Im sure the next word starts with 'C'....Maybe it was 'Copos', or it might of been something longer than that. Damn it, I should learn to listen more.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I mean the areas in Puerto Plata town. Like if someone lives in Puerto Plata, what would their area be called. For instance, if someone lived in a house near to San Jorge pizza place, what would that area be called?

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Hmmm, that gives me a few options to think of....Im still not sure.

I know how to get there when I drive but I really cant find it on the map!!!

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Los Castillos would probably be the right place as it is close to the malecon, and it sounds about right....well I think I had better get my hearing tested for thinking I heard something like 'copo' To be fair, I am still learning spanish so I am allowed to make mistakes....;)

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
I mean the areas in Puerto Plata town. Like if someone lives in Puerto Plata, what would their area be called. For instance, if someone lived in a house near to San Jorge pizza place, what would that area be called?

Are you looking for a barrio?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hmmm, that gives me a few options to think of....Im still not sure.

I know how to get there when I drive but I really cant find it on the map!!!
So direct me,............ out of Jose Lius turn left or right?? :rolleyes:
Up (down) the hill/road, turn left or right after how far?;)
Style of houses? Good, far spaced or tightly packed?:ermm:

Give us Puertoplatanians something to go on & I am SURE we can come up with the answer!! :bunny: :bunny: ~ Grahame.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Turn left out of Jose Luis, and go straight down the road. Before you get to the hospital, turn down the road on your right (its like driving down a slight hill) When you get to the end of that road, turn right and then left straight away, then go straight again.....thats the area I am looking for.

The houses there are quite small and tightly packed.....and there is a little place that does the best lambi. Yum yum!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
According to your directions (& checking against the maps posted in the links) you are talking about an area called Cambelen. Of course, the locals might call it something totally different if they don't like the name Cambelen :cheeky: :ermm: But that apears to be the official name for the area ON BOTH MAPS!! :bunny: :bunny: ~ Grahame.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
This is so annoying....I will have to ask again. Its not even important, its just bugging me. I know it definately beins with a 'C' but that just means there are like 3 to choose from.

karibbeankidd

Oct 5, 2005
Los Castillos would probably be the right place as it is close to the malecon, and it sounds about right....well I think I had better get my hearing tested for thinking I heard something like 'copo' To be fair, I am still learning spanish so I am allowed to make mistakes....;)

You may have had some Manilow playing in the background.

"At the Copa - Copa-cabana" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.