Is There A Better Pollo Al Carbon

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
than Olas Pollo in Santiago. It is fall off the bone juicy. This guy uses a gas cooker. I had never seen one like it. Most that I have seen are charcoal. He opens that cooker and the chickens are incredible. Is it the clean cooking of gas versus the charcoal that gives it such a nice taste? Anyone know of a better chicken?

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
My wife and I frequently eat chicken at a little place right on the main road through Cabarete across from Ocean Dream. He uses charcoal and merinades them throughout the process. Fabulous and cheap. Chicken, rice, salad each and we'll split a grande.....210 pesos total.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Cooking related...back to my BBQ'ing. I have been using aluminium foil on almost everything I cook on the BBQ. I just fire it up and let it cook for about 2 or 3 hours. Then when I think it is ready...I remove the foil and cook it over the coals for about 10 to 15 minutes...then apply about 4 layers of bbq sauce. Take it off the grill and it gets another coating of sauce and it is ready to eat. I have been experimenting with several items....toasted sesame seeds....after the last of the 4 layers I sprinkle on sesame seeds then toast them over the coals. An interesting change of flavor. Honey....adding a little to the sauce. Curry....adding some to the rub on the rib. And rum and pineapple...I puree the pineapple, cook it to thicken, and then add rum to it...mix it in...then this goes on after the BBQ sauce 3rd layer in place of the 4th layer...it is not left on the fire long...just enough to heat it. And no more bbq sauce is added. It gives it a different sweetness and the taste of rum. I'm interested in experimenting with anything to get a different flavor. I would like to create a sauce that is not so sweet. I want to be able to taste sweet but then have a spicy kick to it. What should I add to a sauce to get that spicy kick? Any other ideas for unique flavorings? Especially on ribs. Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try the chicken at El Tronco, corner of Estrella Sadhal? and Bartolom? Col?n, across the street from the old Hach? building...

Getthere around 6:30 or so.....

HB

C

Chip00

Cooking related...back to my BBQ'ing. I have been using aluminium foil on almost everything I cook on the BBQ. I just fire it up and let it cook for about 2 or 3 hours. Then when I think it is ready...I remove the foil and cook it over the coals for about 10 to 15 minutes...then apply about 4 layers of bbq sauce. Take it off the grill and it gets another coating of sauce and it is ready to eat. I have been experimenting with several items....toasted sesame seeds....after the last of the 4 layers I sprinkle on sesame seeds then toast them over the coals. An interesting change of flavor. Honey....adding a little to the sauce. Curry....adding some to the rub on the rib. And rum and pineapple...I puree the pineapple, cook it to thicken, and then add rum to it...mix it in...then this goes on after the BBQ sauce 3rd layer in place of the 4th layer...it is not left on the fire long...just enough to heat it. And no more bbq sauce is added. It gives it a different sweetness and the taste of rum. I'm interested in experimenting with anything to get a different flavor. I would like to create a sauce that is not so sweet. I want to be able to taste sweet but then have a spicy kick to it. What should I add to a sauce to get that spicy kick? Any other ideas for unique flavorings? Especially on ribs. Thanks.

Ok Ok Ok enough already! When's the next b'bcue dammit!

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
ahhhh I think it is SuperBowl day at a place to be determined. I waiting to hear back from Gandolf.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
best char BBqed chicken = pollo provocon in santiago.
The best chicken in DR.
AZB