alcahol pricea

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I am surprised that nobody is talking about the price of alcahol, I am paying allmost 200 pesos more for a case of beer.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I wonder how much the bars have raised their prices.:ermm:
It looks like the increase is a pretty high percentage for the cheaper places.
I think I read the price for a small Presidente is going up by 10P.
Doesn't sound like much but for places that used to sell them for around 50P, this is a 20% increase and they will probably raise their prices by more than just the 10P for a total of 30% or more.
A place like Mangu with a hug markup already could afford to just tack on an extra 10P or so for much less proportional difference but if they jack it up by 1/3 or so it will be a bit expensive.:surprised

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I think Sosua bars will be selling them for 100 pesos a presidente.
Boy it's cheaper here in Canada - just here-you get to watch all the hot sexy curling chicks-just on their way to Canadian Tire.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Rum and Coke

I went to my favorite watering hols last evening in Puerto Plata and ordered a Cuba Libra (Rum & Coke) I was Informed they had to raise the price from .50 Pesos to .70 Pesos............OK granted they give me a double shot as a regular!

However this is a Dominican Bar and not a Gringo Tourist Trap!..... what is the local Dominican guy to do now?

.70 Pesos for a shot. I could be wrong but I think the Expat business is definitely going to take a hit, not to mention the Dominican Trade.

I stand to be corrected?

Last edited:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think Sosua bars will be selling them for 100 pesos a presidente.
Boy it's cheaper here in Canada - just here-you get to watch all the hot sexy curling chicks-just on their way to Canadian Tire.

BTW a Grande Presidente has gone from .60 Pesos to .80 Pesos in Puerto Plata
(Bars that cater to Dominicans and Expats)

Fellow Canucks leave your Canadian Tire money at home, even the girls here are wise to it now!

A

apostropheman

180px-Canadian_tire_money.png
damn, what about "pioneer bucks"?;)
paperbonusbucks.png
:bunny:
BTW a Grande Presidente has gone from .60 Pesos to .80 Pesos in Puerto Plata
(Bars that cater to Dominicans and Expats)

Fellow Canucks leave your Canadian Tire money at home, even the girls here are wise to it now!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I used to pass that stuff off for years and the girls thought they won the lottery...................Even got change back.

Years ago I bought a stack of Chinese ghost money, the kind burned during the Chinese New Year celebrations and as offerings to the dead, in a Chinese grocery store in Santo Domingo. I then distribuited the bills as gifts among my poor neighbors in Azua, and spread the word around to neighboring rural colmados that I would pay a premium of 10 percent on the bills presented for payment at my premises. At one moment I had about 100.000 pesos worth of bills in circulation, and only paying out weekly an average of about 5.000 pesos worth.