Dominican entry to UK - Waiting time

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
Hi all,

I am from the UK and will be marrying my Dominican fiance in April this year. Does anyone know the approx amount of time it would take for us to get to the UK?

Thanks x

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I know several people who have done just this. The last two - in the last month - the first submitted the papers the day after the marriage and he was granted his residents visa 3 days later with no interview, and the second has his interview on Jan 24th when papers submitted on 2nd Jan. The most important thing appears to be that not only are all the papers perfectly in order with solid proof that you have a good job and accommodation and you can support him, and you married for love etc, but that all the papers are very well in order and well presented.

My husband has had 3 visas for visiting - the first had interview in 2 weeks and the second two were just 72 hours for visa with no interview. Hope this helps. if you need to know any more jsutlet me know

matilda

Matilda

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
Many thanks for the info Matilda, I was getting very worried looking at the threads relating to waiting times for the US!! But your post has eased my mind, thank you x x

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Hi all,

I am from the UK and will be marrying my Dominican fiance in April this year. Does anyone know the approx amount of time it would take for us to get to the UK?

Thanks x

just a idea you could get a 6 month fiance visa and marry him in the uk, thats what i done with my wife then after 6 months he will get indefinite leave to remain vince

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
Thanks for the info Vince, but its all arranged now and we are planning to live in the DR for a few months after the marriage(we have a rented house and a dog over there - i'm only back in the uk for a short time). xxx