Movie "Havana"

T

Tom

I just read in the travel section of US Today that the movie "Havana" was filmed in the DR. Does anyone know where, when etc. I'd like to rent the movie again knowing what "familiar" sites to look for.

Thanks

Tom

D

DR1

This film was filmed in several parts of Santo Domingo. The main set was at the San Isidro Air Base, if I recall well. It was an enormous set. Check with www.imdb.com for the movie release date.

N

Natasha

Re: Movies

Tom,

Don't know if you are aware that there have been a number of movies filmed in the DR. Top of my head I think of The Godfather Part II, The Serpent and the Rainbow and recently Dance with Me. Some parts of Apocalypse Now were also done there as well. Many people thought Jurassic Park was also filmed in the DR, but in reality it was only the amber mine scene...the rest was Kauai, and supposedly Mr. Spielberg never personally came to the DR to film it.

Regards, Natasha

T

Tom

"Some parts of Apocalypse Now were also done there as well"

Natasha

Do you know where and or what parts of Apocalypse were filmed in the DR? I was under the impression that it was filmed in the Phillipines. I know the US Military did not look kindly on the film and refused use of any equipment for filming, thus the rental of outside helicopters etc.

Tom

S

Susanne

Some of the exotic scenes in James Bond movie "Golden Eye" was filmed in the Rincon Bay on the Samana Peninsula.

Regards, Susanne

N

Natasha

Tom,

I read somewhere that the Chavon River was used for some scenes in the movie.

Regards, Natasha