Graphic Designer - Ocean World

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Today in the Classified of Listin Diario (p.23) Ocean World is looking for a graphic designer, this as to be a great place to work!

Experience required:
- English
- Freehand
- Illustrator
- Photoshop
- QuarkXpress
- Flash
- Dreamweaver

job@ocean-world.info

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
COMPANIA EXTRANGERA
Solicita Dise?ador Gr?fico

Experiencia en el area, responsible y dispuesto a trabajar bajo presi?n, dominio del ingl?s, manejo de Programa Freehand ? Adobe Illustrator CS, Photoshop, QuarkXpress, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Dreamwever.
GRADUADO EN PUBLICIDAD

Salarios competitivos, Seguro M?dico y de vida. Ambiente de trabajo en equipo, oportunidad de desarrollo y crecimiento profesional. Favor incluir referencias laborables.

INTERESADOS ENVIAR CURRICULUM A
job@ocean-world.info

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
wow...sounds totaly perfect for me!!! I wonder what they mean by competitive salary tho?

I checked out their web site and i can see how they could use a better designer.

#1...get rid of the stupid "game" section. If i want to play a flash game or something..i will go to a site that offers good games (like shockwave or the like).

The interface is kinda nice....but you have to really dig to find what you want. And the photos pretty much suck. Nothing on the site really entices me to make this a part of a trip (which is too bad cuz i have seen photos and read reviews from people that make it sound like it SHOULD sound like a fun destination for an average tourist).

something that raised my eyebrow...if they are using Adobe CS..why do they still use Quark...why not InDesign? If they purchased licences for both Photoshop and Illustrator...I believe InDesign comes bundles with the suite...and it just makes sence to work within the Suite (all the programs in the suite interact so well with eachother these days).

It is certainly an interesting ad...and i am tempted to at least to email them my resume and see what they have to say and or offer. I am traveling to the DR soon.

I think the only drawback i could see for me personaly is that it isnt that close to the capitol. Even when on vacation i find i have to head into the city after a few days at the playa and get a dose of cosmopolitan life.

still.....very very tempting!

thanks juanita for the info!

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
ya its definatly an interesting ad man, but i think its yours just cause i still got my semester to finish off untill im free to do whatever. But otherwise id try it out for sure just cause i wanna work somewhere warm.

But that is a bit odd about the software though, cause i have the licscened software and you do get indesign with it (well its not cs, its cs2). But its not to unheard of firms using quark (even though i really hate that program)

Ah but the whole thing though with dominican its not the cosmopolitan life thats so appealing. Depends whats your fancy though right.
But ya i also agree, very tempting. Id try for it if i weren't still in school =(

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Amazing how deep some people can look into a job ad.
Bottom line, they are a great company and this position will go VERY fast!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Amazing how deep some people can look into a job ad.
Bottom line, they are a great company and this position will go VERY fast!

Heh...robert...I have been at my job as a graphics guru for 10 years. I get contacted by recruiters often...so indeed...when i read an ad or listen to a head hunter...i scan and read and research to see what they are offering and if i think i would be a good match for the company.

WHen i looked at their web site.....i like the overall asthetic design...but i could also see why they are looking for a new designer.

The biggest frustration that i have in this line of work...is working for people who really dont know what they want in a look...or how to provide the best tools to accomplish what they want.

SOOOOOOO.....when i read this ad....i picked it apart...and saw things that i could bring to the table.