Application In Haiti Yet?

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
Im sponsoring my spouse back in November i recieved a letter from the canadian Immigration saying that my application was sent off to Haiti. I gave it a month. Now i check and still no posting about the process of my application, i have email but no answer........What could it be, have they not recieved yet?
Thanks
Micky :)

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
on line

Hi

If you are checking your status on line, be warned it is not updated very regularily. Haiti started processing my husband's application on Sept 27th, but until the end of October maybe even early Nov it was still saying they had recieved my application.

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
hmmm

Well but in my case it says not available, so i dont even know if they have recieved it. :( and its so frustrating
Micky

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
long wait

Hi,
You will be looking at close to 3 months before your spouse gets an interview!! and yes just like mentioned before they do not keep your on-line info updated, they are usally a couple of weeks behind on that.

Good Luck!

DD

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
Hi

Hey
Thanks guys....Well i know it takes a long time im thinking June or so. But its just i dont know if Haiti has recieve it.Thats whats making me nervous.
Thanks again

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Well, if it makes you feel any better, i'm in exactly the same boat. I got a letter November 23 saying they would send it to Haiti. I heard it can also take a while to get to Haiti. Then once there it could sit there for a while. They don't change the status online right away, so it's pretty behind. They could have started processing by now but we'll never know. I'm hoping my hubby will be here by July or August. I'm due to have a baby in August so i hope he's here by then. But as everyone else says, you just have to sit back and wait and be patient. I don't think there is any point in e-mailing cause they don't seem to respond. So just be patient. I'm sure they've received it and will get to it in due time.
Good luck.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Hey all,

Just wondering what the norm is for those that have gone through the application process before. Once the application is received in Haiti are you sent a confirmation letter saying that they have received it with a new application number?? I heard the # is different then the one that was on the letter from Mississauga. How do we get the new number??
Thanks!!

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Nope!

Hey all,

Just wondering what the norm is for those that have gone through the application process before. Once the application is received in Haiti are you sent a confirmation letter saying that they have received it with a new application number?? I heard the # is different then the one that was on the letter from Mississauga. How do we get the new number??
Thanks!!

I never ever received a letter about Orlando's application number. The only way I got it was by talking to the lady who was interviewing him by fluke. And when I was faxing a copy of the birth certi that I had to her, she gave me his file # that starts with a B. But we never ever got any paper work with regards to his file application.

PM me if you have any other questions, I feel like an expert! LOL ;)

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
November also

Mickey33,

Hey there!! Well, since we're running on the same time frame i thought i'd share this with you. I got my letter from mississauga in November saying that our papers had been sent to Haiti. Still nothing updated on the website. I contacted my local MP since i'm pregnant and want to see what my options are. She contacted someone in Haiti to find out where our papers were in the process. She called me this morning and said that our papers were received by Haiti in January. So.... i'm not sure if she means actually received or started being processed. But she also mentioned the average wait right now is 9 months. Of course she did say shorter is possible but 9 is the average. But i'm not sure if it's 9 months from Nov. or from January!!! My MP told me if i hadn't heard anything by July to contact her and she'd check the status again. But she said she can't keep checking because it slows the process down. Her words!!
Anyways, i just thought i'd share this with you since we're running on approx. the same time line!! Good luck! Keep in touch if you hear anything.

micky33

Nov 23, 2006
Thx

Hey dchenriquez,
Thanks for the info. I've tired getting some answers but ofcourse i didnt get throw. For sure i will let you know if i get anything. Once again thanks and good luck.