Dominican Republic Independance Day 2007

petromacorisona

Sep 13, 2006
Im a Dominican Living In London does anybody know if London is gona have a Dominican Independance day party or anything this year cos we had 1 last year and if anybody knows can u please tell me where it will be?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi

Did you go to the one in South London last year? My husband and I went along but haven't heard anything for this year. We have quite a few DR friends around might do our own little gathering ... where abouts are you living?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
update ...

Well we haven't heard of any parties for this years Independence Day but a few of us will be meeting up at Salas in London (UK) on Saturday 24th Feb, all welcome to join us!:cheeky:

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
Oh, I know this place! Well...I know of it, haven't actually been.
Maybe I should have a pre-party party seeing as your all coming down to London. I could test my dominincan cooking on some actual dominicans for once!

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Well ppl we seem to have a nice little crowd building up for the 24th. But for those of you who know Dominicanos ... nothing is ever certain with them ... we know from experience eh Louise ... hee hee hee ... who cares girlie just pass the wine and fill my glass LOL;)

louise1182

Jul 10, 2006
i'll bring my party trick!!!
Just finished the brugal you left at mine!
Alf aint home yet but think he's gonna find me on the floor when he gets home lol

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Oh you crack me up

LOL you nutter ... we're gonna have to con the boys into baby sitting for once and go out for a girlie night lol We could always just pop out for a takeaway and not return :cheeky:

Just emailing the DR embassy and letting them know about the gathering on the 24th Feb ... thought they may have some more contacts lol BRING IT ON ... do they do DR Independence Day wrapping paper LMAO:ermm:

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
Were there already Morenita!!!
Although you may regret the offer!!!

I must be crazy! My offer is still on though. I'm keen to meet the dominicanos and their partners that are around here. PM me if you're up for it.
Em & Lou: the pair of you sound like my kinda gals, look forward to meeting yous!

louise1182

Jul 10, 2006
Dont know about DR wrapping paper but im sure we could use a flag!
Failing that Birthday is fine nobody would know a thing!
Just make sure we leave the empty box away from us lol

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
ahh

That reminds me ... I must hunt out a DR flag to put by our crowd so people can find us easily lol

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
All set ...

We've had quite a few Dominicans contact us, wanting to come along on Saturday, so it seems like we're gonna have a good night with a good crowd. We're going to be there for 8:30pm (look out for the DR flag ... that'll be us!) Look forward to seeing you all there! :cheeky: :bunny: :bunny:

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Photos

Here's the photos from Saturday night ... shame some of you missed it, we had a great night and will hopefully organise something else soon!!

Photos

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Party

Im a Dominican Living In London does anybody know if London is gona have a Dominican Independance day party or anything this year cos we had 1 last year and if anybody knows can u please tell me where it will be?

Sorry you missed it, it was at my house. Probably have one in 2008! But there are usually quite a few parties some at my place in Deptford, some in Lewisham, London Bridge etc etc

Les1