Will Atlantica happen?

besagnota

Oct 21, 2006
Hi!

Made my first trip to DR last year looking at property in the Puerto Plata area. Looked in on Luperon and heard about the "Atlantica" project. I gather it's been on hold for some time now. Does anyone have any news about whether it got off the ground?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Sorry, but why do you feel it's a "racket"?

Don't ask me, ask those persons who bought into the first stage of the project, and who were unaware of the environmental and land ownership issues that surfaced later...

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Land onwership was clear, the problems were trying to plan and build property on mangrove islands, which made up a small part of the project and was never part of a sales contract from the original owners (as quite clearly, these would not have title). I believe everyone got their money back as funds were held by Stewert in the US. Anyone out there on the forum who didn't get their deposit back?

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It has! just check the holes in the bank accounts of those who fell for this racket...

I think you find that Stewart Title paid out over US$40 million to cover people that initially brought, but never received their titles etc in time.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I have just requested an update from some people involved in the project. As soon as I hear I will post an update.