Question about expenses...

alvaro_g16

Oct 24, 2006
I might be moving to DR in the summer, my mom still has our house over in Santiago and I just had a couple of questions. What would be the living expenses if I use:

Electricity (about...) $________________
Cell Phone (about...) $________________
High Speed Intenet $ _________________
Food (month) $_______________________
Gas (about... a month) $_______________

Alright I know it might a little hard to say what those prices might be because it changes depending on the person, but what do you guys think, also is there any other important need that I must include in that list?

Thanks guys.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Expenses in Santiago

I don't know if you still need this information, but I just came from Santiago Nov 02,2006 I paid $785.00 pesos electricity in a 2 bedrooms apartment in the monumental area, $465.OO water bill, the internet with unlimited calls if you go to verizon, you can call and ask for different plans they run from $1,000.00 to $3,000.00 a month. the money exchanged was 1 x 32.or 33 pesos. food depends what you eat but supemercado nacional has very good prices special on Wednesdays... maid $500.00 pesos just for cleaning one good good deep clean house. or like $4,000.00 sa month. You really has to find out and check with local people and get more than one opinion..Good luck I want to live there too. I am in New york,... Thank you if anything that I can help you feel free to ask me...

Reactions: SantiagoDR