Dogs And Cat Poisoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
About 5 days ago in Costa Azul, I was driving back from Cabarete beach and my kids and I saw a dead dog lying at the side of the road. It turns out that 4 dogs and 1 cat were poisoned to death. Quite disturbing for my kids to witness for the first time in their lives. I was wondering why would these heartless morons would do such a thing? Do they do it so they can rob them easier, or because they are barking too much, or they are trying to hump their female in heat? Pretty severe punishment regardless.
Steve:disappoin

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
My dog Gypsy was poisoned last year and this year in Costambar there has been a rash of dog/cat poisonings. I'm sure you are correct Chris, so now I have 2 new dogs that will not eat from anyone except me. Canadian Bob.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
In the time I've lived here I've never been robbed, knock on wood, and I think my owning a dog has helped prevent this if anyone has in fact thought about it. At the same time I've never had anyone try to poison my dog. This doesn't mean we haven't had a rash of poisonings in my barrio because we have. Periodically we will have poisonings but it is always done against the dogs and cats that have free reign in the barrio. I think there are some people that over time get fed up with the continuos barking and the sound of cat paws going across their tin roofs at night. I could be wrong about this but I think this is the reason for the poisonings.

My dog is not allowed out of the yard and he hardly barks unless you try to enter my yard so my dog can't be considered a nuisance and the reason I think he hasn't been poisoned. This also insures that my dog leaves no feces in a neighbors yard or in the street.

Rick

Sep 19, 2005
my gf had two dogs and this past summer they were poisoned 2 days apart. At the time we had a lot of hatians squatting in the area. and they crossed in front of her house often. We know it was one of them.And we thought they were preparing to rob the house...or were preparing to rob me while i was there...or my stuff....but as it turned out nothing else happened...it might have been because the dogs barked at the people walking by so much, they got sick of it and killed them , not to have to listen to them.

why there were those dead dog where you saw them is anyones guess... I know that i have a friend down there that once in a while kills stray dogs at night while driving...he thinks there are way too many dogs wandering around and they cause too many car accidents....I have only hit one dog in my travels down there...which is amazing because they sleep in the road at night...they should round up all the strays and get rid of them...if you have a pet dont let it wander all over at night....

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.