Brother Kills Brother Over Cocaine In La Sienagal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
On January 11 2007, a 30 yr old brother shot and killed his 27 yr old brother for drug money in the barrio La Sienagal (spelling?). This is the barrio just south of my villa in Costa Azul. It has been hard to get used to the gunfire at night over the holiday season, even knowing that most was celebratory shots in the air, so I'm told. We heard the shots around 9 PM and found out that they were fatal from our DR house watchman. According to him, 20 to 25 % of the barrio are using crack cocaine and they range from 12 to late fifties in age. How disturbing is that?:( Even more disturbing is the police are involved in the trafficking ...... brutal!:paranoid:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
On January 11 2007, a 30 yr old brother shot and killed his 27 yr old brother for drug money in the barrio La Sienagal (spelling?). This is the barrio just south of my villa in Costa Azul. It has been hard to get used to the gunfire at night over the holiday season, even knowing that most was celebratory shots in the air, so I'm told. We heard the shots around 9 PM and found out that they were fatal from our DR house watchman. According to him, 20 to 25 % of the barrio are using crack cocaine and they range from 12 to late fifties in age. How disturbing is that?:( Even more disturbing is the police are involved in the trafficking ...... brutal!:paranoid:
Something has to be done soon.
BTW: I hope you don't mind that I quoted your post in another thread.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/58483-dominican-robin-hoods-3.html#post479739

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Brother Kills Brother

Well you do live on the North Coast of the DR!!

Sosua (the Sewer) is one of the most corrupt places that I've visited in more than 20 years of travelling and working in 3rd world countries.

Two brothers killing one another in the DR. Well that's one less drugged out scum bag that can be enlisted into the local police force.

My advice is to get some kevlar under pants and vest, bunker down or move as it's only a matter of time before those lovely neighbours of yours come over the fence. Oh and I'm not necessarily talking soley about the cracked out Dominican neighbours in the barrio. Never take your eyes off the stranded and destitute Gringos that have invaded the North Coast. They are just as bad if not worse!

If it looks like a sewer, smells like a sewer and acts like a sewer then more than likley there is a lot of sh#t there!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well you do live on the North Coast of the DR!!

Sosua (the Sewer) is one of the most corrupt places that I've visited in more than 20 years of travelling and working in 3rd world countries.

Two brothers killing one another in the DR. Well that's one less drugged out scum bag that can be enlisted into the local police force.

My advice is to get some kevlar under pants and vest, bunker down or move as it's only a matter of time before those lovely neighbours of yours come over the fence. Oh and I'm not necessarily talking soley about the cracked out Dominican neighbours in the barrio. Never take your eyes off the stranded and destitute Gringos that have invaded the North Coast. They are just as bad if not worse!

If it looks like a sewer, smells like a sewer and acts like a sewer then more than likley there is a lot of sh#t there!
This is a worldwide problem, not exclusively Sosua's, specially, when the mentioned area is not even in Sosua.
I'm sure you were just waiting to get that off your chest, and I agree that there are a lot of assholes around, but they are everywhere, and it just so happens, that Sosua probably has the best gringo community in the country.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Brother Kills Brother

Rocky to the rescue.:cool:

Come on man - the nonsense that occurs on a daily basis all along the North Coast is blatant and embarrising.

Unfortunately the majority of people on DR1 have a vested interest in playing down the foolishness as they have business. real estate or other investments in the DR. That's understandable.

However its very dangerous to sugar coat what occurs in that place on a daily basis. Potential tourists and investors (victims) should be advised that there is a very dark side to the North Coast. Especially concentrated between Cabarette and Puerta Plata and yes that includes Costa Azul and the Sewer.

I do agree there are some great gingos here in our community and unfortunately alot of them stand out for all the wrong reasons.:pirate:

cozmikgirl

Jan 4, 2007
Thanks Rocky! I was under the impression it had a negative stigma attached to it..like a middle aged american looking to find their 'mate' in the DR

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Rocky! I was under the impression it had a negative stigma attached to it..like a middle aged american looking to find their 'mate' in the DR
It depends how you say it.
We call ourselves Gringos, as do most Dominicans, but you could say it in a derogatory fashion.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Rocky to the rescue.:cool:

Come on man - the nonsense that occurs on a daily basis all along the North Coast is blatant and embarrising.

Unfortunately the majority of people on DR1 have a vested interest in playing down the foolishness as they have business. real estate or other investments in the DR. That's understandable.

However its very dangerous to sugar coat what occurs in that place on a daily basis. Potential tourists and investors (victims) should be advised that there is a very dark side to the North Coast. Especially concentrated between Cabarette and Puerta Plata and yes that includes Costa Azul and the Sewer.

I do agree there are some great gingos here in our community and unfortunately alot of them stand out for all the wrong reasons.:pirate:

You've got it all wrong. The most dangerous place in the world was 7325 Pebbleford Rd, Fort Worth, Texas. That's where my father was murdered, in his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.