Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Orange GPRS settings

Can anyone give me the setting to configure my mobile for GPRS? I've tried in the Orange shops in Sosua, Cabarete and POP and it seems to be beyond them! My phone is an Orange SPV M600 which is a Windows Mobile 5 operated device, more like a pocket PC than a phone.

I have been informed that I have a data facility with my plan, I just need to configure it to work.

Beeza.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you instaled the software for gprs on the phone yet ( i.e. tomtom )

If so just google your problem you'll probablly find the answer in some forum

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't need GPS as in Global Positioning System, I need GPRS which means General Packet Radio Service, ie, internet over your mobile phone. What I need are:
    Access point name
    User name
    Password
    Domain
    IP address if applicable
    DNS server if applicable
    Thanks in advance anyone

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you didn't already, you have to call the Orange company, technical assistance and they will give you the correct info needed so that you can start checking e-mails and web browsing, those retailers in cellular shops are selling phones that already have IP address and DNS server info on the phones. They are just sales people, not techies. I've bought an unlocked cell phone through the cingular network and had to call tech assistance. Also, there are plenty of websites that will provide that info for you. good luck.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

hello

take a look here.
    Orange ™
    is the orange site.