Orange GPRS settings

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Can anyone give me the setting to configure my mobile for GPRS? I've tried in the Orange shops in Sosua, Cabarete and POP and it seems to be beyond them! My phone is an Orange SPV M600 which is a Windows Mobile 5 operated device, more like a pocket PC than a phone.

I have been informed that I have a data facility with my plan, I just need to configure it to work.

Beeza.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Have you instaled the software for gprs on the phone yet ( i.e. tomtom )

If so just google your problem you'll probablly find the answer in some forum

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
No, I don't need GPS as in Global Positioning System, I need GPRS which means General Packet Radio Service, ie, internet over your mobile phone. What I need are:
Access point name
User name
Password
Domain
IP address if applicable
DNS server if applicable
Thanks in advance anyone

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If you didn't already, you have to call the Orange company, technical assistance and they will give you the correct info needed so that you can start checking e-mails and web browsing, those retailers in cellular shops are selling phones that already have IP address and DNS server info on the phones. They are just sales people, not techies. I've bought an unlocked cell phone through the cingular network and had to call tech assistance. Also, there are plenty of websites that will provide that info for you. good luck.