"Thread Closed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
I don't get it! I started a thread stating a true fact about a brother killing his younger brother over cocaine money and the almighty axe came down and closed my OP. How is this not newsworthy Hlywood?///
You mention just before you chopped it down, that it happens all over the world. Isn't this forum about the DR? I have seen other posts being axed because of the lack of DR content! I guess a brother killing his younger brother over drug money in the DR is somehow boring?? Cabarete/Sosua, what's the frickin' difference, a 10 minute drive, big deal.
I hope you feel so powerful to close a thread that is 100% honest and accurate. It's sad that the sankie threads won't get axed like my OP. I guess sankie posts are far more entertaining and more important than a brother killing his brother over drugs. I'm sure if you asked the parents of the murdered brother, they wouldn't be able to respond due to the constant flow of tears. I feel for their loss and can't imagine one so great!
Steve:dead:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't get it! I started a thread stating a true fact about a brother killing his younger brother over cocaine money and the almighty axe came down and closed my OP. How is this not newsworthy Hlywood?///
You mention just before you chopped it down, that it happens all over the world. Isn't this forum about the DR? I have seen other posts being axed because of the lack of DR content! I guess a brother killing his younger brother over drug money in the DR is somehow boring?? Cabarete/Sosua, what's the frickin' difference, a 10 minute drive, big deal.
I hope you feel so powerful to close a thread that is 100% honest and accurate. It's sad that the sankie threads won't get axed like my OP. I guess sankie posts are far more entertaining and more important than a brother killing his brother over drugs. I'm sure if you asked the parents of the murdered brother, they wouldn't be able to respond due to the constant flow of tears. I feel for their loss and can't imagine one so great!
Steve:dead:
Hey Steve,
The original thread was posted in the travel section, and from what I understand, that was part of the reason it got closed.
The other part was that Collingwood was turning it into a "I hate Sosua/North coast" issue.
It would seem that he had some issues with a lawyer/fiscal who alledgedly ripped him off.
That combined with me challenging his mis-statements, led to it being one big mess in the wrong section.
I apologize for the role I played, in it's demise.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I don't get it! I started a thread stating a true fact.......

Steve, I went over and read your thread in the "Travel" forum.

As Rocky said over there, he quoted it to a thread in this forum and hoped you did not mind. And as Hlywud said, you should take it to the "Living" forum where it would be a better place to post it.

With those two reasonable comments, I see no ill-will in closing the thread in the "Travel" forum and if it was me, I would not feel offended by it's closing in that forum. I feel both responses were reasonable, since it was posted in the wrong forum.

Don - SantiagoDR

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Funny that normally a threat gets moved to the right forum then.
You guys work very selective.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It happens, just like with this thread.

We don't work selectively, we work to make this a great message board.
I guess we are doing something right, because that's exactly what it is :)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.