Femmie Question/Las Galeras

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Can I plan on getting my nails done there?? or Samana?

If so where-- if there is more than one place?

How much do you tip?

Yngritt

Dec 29, 2006
I cannot believe there are no nail salons in that area! What do all the dominicanas do???

Salon Sarah
Casa Marina Bay & Plaza Las Galeras
Tel: (809) 538-0100
from her biz card.

Don't remember the price I paid, but was cheap.....I stop at the one in the village, Sarah the owner speak German and Spanish, married with a German fellow, I remember the story....
Ingrid and Daniel

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Thanks for the recommendation! I might not have time in NYC so
I needed to know if I should get them done before the taxi ride to Las Galeras or after the taxi ride--

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
sarah is my wife's cousin. i think she is now only at the little white plaza near entrance to cocolito across from la rubia. no nail shops there. most girls have a girlfriend do their nails or their hair in a house. saves money and its a social activity. nothing like watching a bunch of women drink a few presidentes, gossip and come out look none the worse for wear.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can get your nails done ANYWHERE in the DR. They have salons in house's in the smallest Campo.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
I wait and have mine done in the DR. The funnest place near Samana city was neecie's salon in Los Cacoas (sp?) If you're a local - can you correct me? I went with locals and was treated very well.

It is an experience. Also, to be nice - bring magazines to leave with them. Bring any about french braiding black hair or any black hair magazines, any fashion magazines. They eat it up as those are hard to afford if you're charging beans for a mani. You will feel better for it (your donation).

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
OK---had them done in Las Galeras--Sarah's is open. I think the hours are various-- when she's there it's open! We chatted. She's a nice woman. Not too many colors to choose from but... I'm not complaining. I picked a very nice-- I don't know what it was... If I would've known about the mags-- I would've brought them-- Too bad :( I didn't think....