Dominicans in Orlando

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
I am moving to Orlando and need to be in touch w/my people....need to know where to find them....can also anyone tell me if Orlando is really a nice place to live and work?.....anyone can help me?......any ideas where to look for a job...agradeceria sus ayudas

C

Chip00

I am moving to Orlando and need to be in touch w/my people....need to know where to find them....can also anyone tell me if Orlando is really a nice place to live and work?.....anyone can help me?......any ideas where to look for a job...agradeceria sus ayudas

I'm a gringo but used to live in Orlando for five years with my Dominican wife so I know a little bit about the Dom community there. Most of the bodega owners seem to be Dom. Also, there is a supermarket chain "Bravo" that has everything you need to make "La Bandera" y mas. There are quite a few Dom restaurants as well. The best two are Cafe Madrid in Orlando and El Sabor Dominicano in Kissimmee(AND they have live music).

You will be pleased to know that there is a substantial, if somewhat outnumbered by the PR and Cubans, Dom community in the Orlando area.

As far as the job goes I think you should be able to find something that you like but of course that may depend on what you want to do.

Finally, they have festivals at least 5 times a year for hispanics with tropical music and I believe one of them is more or less a Dom event.

Good luck

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Orlando is nice. My fiance's sister and her hubby (both educated Dominicans) live there.

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
Hey...thanks Chip00...i will be passing by those places....can't resist being somewhere and not eating my regular "bandera dominicana"...it's good once in a while to dance to ur own music.....bailar un merenguito o una bachatica...genial!!...well....in general...i've heard nice things of Orlando...thanku Cobraboy for the comment...BUT theres a few people that have been trying to scare me telling me that job wise Orlando is not that good.....i have to give it a try....any more info on rent and jobsin Orlando would be grateful....

C

Chip00

Hey...thanks Chip00...i will be passing by those places....can't resist being somewhere and not eating my regular "bandera dominicana"...it's good once in a while to dance to ur own music.....bailar un merenguito o una bachatica...genial!!...well....in general...i've heard nice things of Orlando...thanku Cobraboy for the comment...BUT theres a few people that have been trying to scare me telling me that job wise Orlando is not that good.....i have to give it a try....any more info on rent and jobsin Orlando would be grateful....

As far as the job market goes see attached link from the Orlando sentinel classifieds. Again it will be very dependent on what you do and you experience and if you have references etc.

Orlando Sentinel : Jobs : Orlando Jobs

As far as renting an apartment, expect $750 to $900 a month for a decent 2 bedroom apt. in a good area. Less for the bad areas and and more for the new developments. See below a link for Apartments in the Orlando area.

Good luck

Orlando Sentinel: Apartments and Rentals : Apartments and Apartment Rentals in Orlando and Central Florida

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
If you need to buy in Orlando I have a great, Dominican realtor who lives in Orlando for long time...Lucille

Clauser

Jan 18, 2007
Question by your forum

Hello! I want to know, where you have a section for advertising at a forum? Or it is not present? I have not found it.
P.S. Are you see storm in Europe? It's a horror...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have a good friend...nearly one of my sons by
" crianza". His nickname is
Angel Viralata~!!!

He's a great guy and a well versed guy up on Orlando. Headed up a coupleof radio stations, had a restaurant..now works for the county...Smart guy!!

Lemme know and I'll try and hook you up..

HB

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
Hillbilly thanku so much...i will be accepting ur help.....that's great.....it would be nice to meet ur "son" Angel Viralata.....hehe.....seria un placer.....just to think i might get a job soon or maybe feel at home early by meeting more people in Orlando is just great....should we wait until i'm there so u can "hook me up"?

jprincez

Oct 1, 2006
www.myspace.com
It's great to see more and more Dominican's moving into this area. I have been living in Winter Springs, Fl (which is minutes from Orlando) since March of last year, and I love it. However, it has not been easy for me being a single mom of 4. But I do enjoy it here. If you have any questions you can send me a PM.....but with the job thing....sorry....I have been staying at home and I am currently looking for work myself and haven't had much luck. There are a few Dominican places here where I live....including (very important).....DOMINICAN SALON (you know that is something we cannot do without)....Well you can contact me whenever you want.....by the way I have a 3 bedroom home that will be available next month for rent if you like....current tenant's lease will expire and I am not going to renew....terrible tenants.

Jahaira:bunny:

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
hey thanks jprincez.....it's good to hear from more gente buena de mi tierra.....well...when i get to Orlando i'll get in touch.....i have a feeling i'll like it there...hope Orlando is a lil more than the theme parks....well....we'll be in touch......Some people have been telling me to apply at the Airport.....let see what happens when i get there...i really do want to start working right away..to be able to pay the bills

jprincez

Oct 1, 2006
www.myspace.com
You what; I drove by close to the entry of Disney and saw a huge sign indicating that they are hiring. You should check into that.....the perks should be great.;)

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
My husband and I just moved to Orlando in July and have already met alot of Dominicans in the area.

There is a great restaurant off of Oak Ridge and Ornage Blossom Trail that for the most the clientele is Dominican and I believe the owners are too.

I have also seen alot of Aguilas hats on recently.

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
hey....thanks A.J. I'll be passing by that restaurant once in a while for sure.....i need my "bandera dominicana"....about the fans...well...i like the idea of ppl representing their dominican teams......nice...but i'm not an aguilucho...hehe...my team lost way long ago.....Los Azucareros de Este is my team....i love'em no matter if they win or not..i'm a true fan......who ever wins this year fine by me....once again thanks for the info about the restaurant.....so...A.J. so far how has Orlando been ?? u like it?