How to cook yuca?

N

Nadine

I just found (and bought!) some yuca at my grocery store today. Any advice on how to cook this vegetable would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

D

DR Defender

Re: How to cook yuca?Simple!

Cooking yuca is rather simple. All you need to do is take the yuka and put it in a bowl with water and let it boil. Add the desire salt(enough so that it will taste good). Let it boil until the yuka is soft but not too soft(Soft enough for you to be able to put a fork through it. And that should take care of it. Hope this helps.

R

Roland

Another way to cook yuca is to parboil it and then fry it in oil as you would French fries.

E

Elizbeth

first you have to take a boul with water and a little of salt, peel off the skin of the yuca and put it in the boul, thend broiled, cooked. be ready in 15 0r 30 min., depend if the yuca is not so hard., try before you turn it off, in case need more time to cook or more salt.

J

JCesar

Re: How to cook yuca?-Don't forget the "escabeche"

After living in Puerto Rico for four years, I couldn't phantom eating yuca without "escabeche" (or some mojito).

N

Nadine

Re: How to cook yuca?-Thank you!

Thank you very much DR Defender, Roland, Elizbeth and JCesar for your help. I'll have a thought for you when I cook my yuca! Nadine

M

maria selva

Nadine: You could also buy frozen yuca, you cook it the same way as the fresh ones, boil plenty of water, then put some salt and a lemon peel (This will keep the yuca very white) and just wait until is tender. After it is done you can also make a "mojito", this is done with a lot of garlic crush the garlic ( 5 or 6) put it in a bowl with lemon juice or better yet sour oranges, like a quarter of a cup of juice. Then you heat oil until it is very very hot and pour it (very carefully) over the garlic and lemon juice, and thats it, Pour this over the yuca and enjoy it.

M

matt n

I don't know how Yuca is clasified, but I would love a recipe for Harapitas de Yuca, and I would love to know what Yuca is called in American grocery stores. Can anyone help me out?