Occidental grand

Redtop

Mar 19, 2007
I think that is the one we are staying at. It is called the Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana. Please, please tell me all about it. Thanks!

Feb 7, 2007
I don't like rooms at Occidental hotels.

Rooms in Allegro are just basic, in Flamenco are worn out.

Flamenco servcies are good (7 on 10 scale) but I don't like rooms at all. Even the Royal service Club rooms are worse than standard rooms at many resorts.

I would take Flamenco before LTI, but I would take Bahia Principe, Ocean Blue, Melia, Sunscape the Beach, Barcelo, RIU, Catalonia, etc before Flameco.

moto

Sep 21, 2006
occidental grand

Nice grounds but i agree that the rooms are run down and old looking. Also, seems to be some sewage issues there and the blame of many many people who became ill (including myself). I would go back to Riu before Occidental...Occidental does have a fun disco (Mangu) but you don't have to stay there to go there.

Redtop

Mar 19, 2007
I don't like rooms at Occidental hotels.

Rooms in Allegro are just basic, in Flamenco are worn out.

Flamenco servcies are good (7 on 10 scale) but I don't like rooms at all. Even the Royal service Club rooms are worse than standard rooms at many resorts.

I would take Flamenco before LTI, but I would take Bahia Principe, Ocean Blue, Melia, Sunscape the Beach, Barcelo, RIU, Catalonia, etc before Flameco.

We just got back from the Occidental in Riviera Maya, Mexico and it was heaven. It scares me that we will be disappointed this time. We will be staying in the Royal Club. And then to think there is sewage problems. YIKES!

Feb 7, 2007
Redtop, take it from the positive side:

If you will be staying at the royal club, you will have an iron and ironing board, so you can save some $$$ doing your laundry.

Now, seriously, besides rooms, services are OK to good. The Royal club restaurant is good, opens early (you can get breakfast at 5am) you get some top-tier liquor, and room service. The Club pools is very small. You also get free Internet in the club room.

In the future, try Melia Royal Service, the Matser Suite. For about 30% more than Occidental Royal Club you get 600 sq ft room, with separate living, dining, big jacuzzi in the room, private big terrace, big fridge, 2 Plazma TVs, room service 24/7 with OK food, a very good and nice looking private restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, top-tier liquor, big private pool, private pool cabanas, etc. You also get access to club area, with chess, domino, afternoon snacks, and two comps with Internet. It is VERY GOOD service.

Redtop

Mar 19, 2007
Rubio, I have decided to enter into this with an open mind. It could be worse, and I could be stuck at home! The other place sounds wonderful however.