Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best bilingual school in the country?

I know the most expensive is Carol Morgan..but is it the best?
    Some people say i's Abraham Lincoln School From La Romana....others say it's The American School and ABC...from the capital..how about Santiago Christian School? I think education wise ALS is in the top list...what do u guys think????

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't which currently is, but I can tell you some years from now this will be the one:

Heritage School At Cap Cana

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i was actually reading about it...seems to be very well administrated school.....hope it becomes an elite school like the others mentioned....to compete with ALS it has to come up with a very good faculty.....sometimes school have all the money and don't invest on the best teachers.....best wishes for this school....we need more good bilingual schools...i'm wondering if we will be having more but maybe cheaper bilingual schools....is it hard to find americans with some spanish knowledge willing to get paid less to teach kids in DR for them to have a brighter future.....

Post Thanks / Like

The sticky schools thread in the Living Forum has a recent post by a teacher who defines "bi-lingual" and explains why very few schools in the DR actually fit that description. New Horizons is one of them. Many of the schools people think are "bi-lingual" are actually American schools with some lessons in Spanish, to keep with DR Education Ministry guidelines.

In my opinion, there are a number of very good schools, each with particular strengths. The one that I personally rate the highest is the Community for Learning in Santo Domingo.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    ...The one that I personally rate the highest is the Community for Learning in Santo Domingo.
    ...of course it has the highest rate, with a yearly tuition (K-12) of about US$50.000 per year/student. In my book its way overrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Mirador, where on earth did you get that figure???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

...of course it has the highest rate, with a yearly tuition (K-12) of about US$50.000 per year/student. In my book its way overrated.

holly ****! ..that's more than a grad at Harvard would pay.

..I doubt that's how much they actually charge, or else they would be out of business by now.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry, typo

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably nearer US$4,000-US$5,000 (based on what a friend who has two children there told me recently) in the same bracket as New Horizons and St Michael, and considerably less than Carol Morgan and St George.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast