I-130 Marriage Visa

Rameses

Apr 23, 2004
I have a rather specific question, I have filed my I-130 marriage visa on December 9, 2006 but havent recieved any reciept number and today is January 17. I have called and my name is not in thier system. Nebraska

My question is: Has anyone else filed and having the same problem, maybe because of the Holidays?
Also, I plan on going back to the DR after I recieve my reciept number will that be a problem? I have a joint sponser and a household member helping me meet the support requirments. What sort of time line am I looking at

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
.............You better check .........

I have a rather specific question, I have filed my I-130 marriage visa on December 9, 2006 but havent recieved any reciept number and today is January 17. I have called and my name is not in thier system. Nebraska

My question is: Has anyone else filed and having the same problem, maybe because of the Holidays?
Also, I plan on going back to the DR after I recieve my reciept number will that be a problem? I have a joint sponser and a household member helping me meet the support requirments. What sort of time line am I looking at

.................before traveling once you file your paperwork..........If you have filed for a change of status, you won't be able to travel without permission and even that COULD be risky...........

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
.................before traveling once you file your paperwork..........If you have filed for a change of status, you won't be able to travel without permission and even that COULD be risky...........
I'm assuming he is the USC, in which case that wouldn't apply to him.

After you send the I-130 (hopefully you sent it via trackable service) you should get your NOA1 (notice of action) in about 2 weeks. If you have not received anything yet (have they cashed your check?) then you need to get on them to figure out what happened. If you didn't use FedEx, UPS, etc to send your paperwork, you are probably SOL.

-Tim