BBQ Gas Bottles, where are you?

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Bought the gas BBQ (and assembled it ourselves.....thought we just argued about the map reading.....) from La Sirena in Santiago. Only thing is it didn't come with a gas bottle. Fine, we thought, we'll get it from the gas bottle place in Sosua, or a Ferreteria that does BBQs or whatever......we thought.......but true to form we can't seem to get these special BBQ gas bottles anywhere, and the places that have them for us to ogle over only sell them with their BBQs!

I know we could change the connection, but we're not that into the DIY thing and we know the gas bottles exist here (little white ones with a different connection, normally labelled FIESTA as the make of our BBQ). We've been told that they do them at Price Smart (?) in Santiago but can anyone elaborate further as it's turning into a bit of a Cecille B De Mille production! (doesn't everything in this place....).

Thanks Guys....

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We had the same probleml. We got the bottle at a feterra (sp) in Samaneta and have seen them elsewhere since. You also need to change the regulator to a DR regulator to fit the bottle neck. We got ours at the feterra near the Teramar development on the main road it Cherimicos. PM me if you need more details

Bob K

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
The ferreteria in Sousa across from Playero used to have them. But when we needed one they were out. We ended up going to the gas supplier and geting a 25lb. bottle. I haven't had to refill it yet and we grill a lot.

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
Pricesmart has them, so does Ochoa in Santiago(I was there last week). Nothing needs to be changed on the gas tank if you buy a tank made for the BBQ.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly gives his seal of approval ( a big spit of tobaccy juice) on either of the two proposals.
1) I can run over to PriceSmart tonight and get you one.
2) I can get you a 25 lb. Propane tank and regulator.

You choose.

HB

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Belated thanks to you all......

For some reason I haven't been able to get in here to post a thank you to everybody who replied to my email (esp Hillbilly offering to buy a bottle for me!). Didn't want you all to think I was rude.....(well I can be rude...but that's another story!).

Somebody did go to Santiago a couple of days later and bought me a small white gas bottle (with the right valve to fit the BBQ). They got it from one of the Ochoa stores (NOT the one next to La Sirena). It cost 1600 pesos (they gave me receipt) without gas and cost 250 pesos to fill.

Anyway, thanks guys....