RURAL LAND, PROFITS, do you know?

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
Real farmer raise your hands.

What would you do with a large plot, at least 50 acres of flat agricultural land?, no problem with water

How much net profit can you make, per acre if it is easier for you to calculate.

I beleive in technology to improve results...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Real farmer raise your hands.

What would you do with a large plot, at least 50 acres of flat agricultural land?, no problem with water

How much net profit can you make, per acre if it is easier for you to calculate.

I beleive in technology to improve results...
Where in the country are you thinking of buying or already own such parcel?

Where ever it is, you will need to invest in improving the land. The cost for this depends where on the island such parcel is located. The country has different land types and sometimes a couple of square kilometers makes a BIG difference. As a rule of thumb, much of the land in the Vega Real is known to be as the best for cultivating just about anything (thick black top soil). Land in the eastern part of the country is considered among the least desirable for cultivation (thin top layer with coral rock base and highly porous), but its perfect for grazing and such activities. But, anything can be done with land improvements.

Make sure you know the type of soil your parcel have, because it varies considerably and in the DR, drastic variations do occur in relatively small distance.

-NALs

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
Money Question

NALS,

thanks for the reply,

"improving the land"? .
what improvent are you suggesting? the land has been used for agro for many years, water is no problem either, all kind of croops, including rice..

taking for granted soil is good, what would you do with a large plot, at least 50 acres of flat agricultural land?,

How much net profit can you make, per acre.?

(X croops per year if more than one)

You dont have to be exact, just ball park figures.

I thinking about biofuels, but not neccesarily, just want to compare with tradicional croops