Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!!!!!!

Last night, I was sitting in an internet cafe in Jarabacoa with my dad, his wife and a real estate agent from Cabarete. We payed our bill and then had a another drink. When I went to pay for the second round of drinks, the owner walked in and wanted me to pay the whole bill again. I tried to explain that I had already payed for part of the bill, but he did not want to hear that, instead he pulled out a GUN and said "You don't know who you are messing with" I hit him and he fell to the floor. He called his friend who is the mayor of the town and his friends came into the cafe and hit me a few times. I went to the police to file charges. Of course, he is friends with the police. What should I do now?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are not in jail at the moment..... GET OUT OF DODGE

Bob K

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Boy! Retain a respected attorney 'cause they're going to put your butt in jail. What are you doing trading blows with a local person with a gun? This restaurant probably has a 2nd income stream messing with tourists. Ay!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What good is it to give a rational suggestion to somebody who would slug a guy with a gun?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOWMAR View Post
    What good is it to give a rational suggestion to somebody who would slug a guy with a gun?
    ......GMTA

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Oh Boy! Retain a respected attorney 'cause they're going to put your butt in jail. What are you doing trading blows with a local person with a gun? This restaurant probably has a 2nd income stream messing with tourists. Ay!
    Could have gotten shot, over something like a $40 food bill, if you don't live there, run and don't come back. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Name of the restaurant. Name of the person you tangled with.

1) You should have paid the bill, gone to the police and tell them that the guy threatened to kill you with a gun.

2) Did'nt you get a receipt for the first bill>?

Get wise.

Get a lawyer.

HB

gary short

As an obvious future Darwin award recipient, I hope you realize they're given posthumously..................RUN RABBIT RUN!!!!!!!!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stay away from guns

#55 09-20-2006, 06:23 PM
    jcrew20
    Bronze Join Date: Jun 2005

You can buy a gun in your wifes name, but if you caught using it or with it, you might get in some trouble. he pulled out a GUN and said "You don't know who you are messing with" http://www.locogringostudios.com/John-Wayne.jpg

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rule #1

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew20 View Post
    .....When I went to pay for the second round of drinks, the owner walked in and wanted me to pay the whole bill again. I tried to explain that I had already payed for part of the bill, but he did not want to hear that, instead he pulled out a GUN and said "You don't know who you are messing with" I hit him and he fell to the floor.
    RULE #1: A Dominicano/a is NEVER wrong.
    RULE #2: When indoubt, a Dominicano/a follows RULE#1.

Arguing is a waste of time - The Golden Rule is RULE #1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast