Help!!!!!!

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
Last night, I was sitting in an internet cafe in Jarabacoa with my dad, his wife and a real estate agent from Cabarete. We payed our bill and then had a another drink. When I went to pay for the second round of drinks, the owner walked in and wanted me to pay the whole bill again. I tried to explain that I had already payed for part of the bill, but he did not want to hear that, instead he pulled out a GUN and said "You don't know who you are messing with" I hit him and he fell to the floor. He called his friend who is the mayor of the town and his friends came into the cafe and hit me a few times. I went to the police to file charges. Of course, he is friends with the police. What should I do now?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh Boy! Retain a respected attorney 'cause they're going to put your butt in jail. What are you doing trading blows with a local person with a gun? This restaurant probably has a 2nd income stream messing with tourists. Ay!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
What good is it to give a rational suggestion to somebody who would slug a guy with a gun?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Oh Boy! Retain a respected attorney 'cause they're going to put your butt in jail. What are you doing trading blows with a local person with a gun? This restaurant probably has a 2nd income stream messing with tourists. Ay!

Could have gotten shot, over something like a $40 food bill, if you don't live there, run and don't come back. Good Luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Name of the restaurant. Name of the person you tangled with.

1) You should have paid the bill, gone to the police and tell them that the guy threatened to kill you with a gun.

2) Did'nt you get a receipt for the first bill>?

Get wise.

Get a lawyer.

HB

G

gary short

As an obvious future Darwin award recipient, I hope you realize they're given posthumously..................RUN RABBIT RUN!!!!!!!!

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Stay away from guns

#55 09-20-2006, 06:23 PM
jcrew20
Bronze Join Date: Jun 2005

You can buy a gun in your wifes name, but if you caught using it or with it, you might get in some trouble. :bunny: he pulled out a GUN and said "You don't know who you are messing with" http://www.locogringostudios.com/John-Wayne.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Rule #1

.....When I went to pay for the second round of drinks, the owner walked in and wanted me to pay the whole bill again. I tried to explain that I had already payed for part of the bill, but he did not want to hear that, instead he pulled out a GUN and said "You don't know who you are messing with" I hit him and he fell to the floor.

RULE #1: A Dominicano/a is NEVER wrong.
RULE #2: When indoubt, a Dominicano/a follows RULE#1.

Arguing is a waste of time - The Golden Rule is RULE #1.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Last night, I was sitting in an internet cafe in Jarabacoa with my dad, his wife and a real estate agent from Cabarete. We payed our bill and then had a another drink. When I went to pay for the second round of drinks, the owner walked in and wanted me to pay the whole bill again. I tried to explain that I had already payed for part of the bill, but he did not want to hear that, instead he pulled out a GUN and said "You don't know who you are messing with" I hit him and he fell to the floor. He called his friend who is the mayor of the town and his friends came into the cafe and hit me a few times. I went to the police to file charges. Of course, he is friends with the police. What should I do now?
Maybe you could elaborate a bit more.
For instance, once you decked the owner, did you take his gun away from him?
After the altercation, you said some friends came in and hit a few times.
Who had the gun at this point?
What did the police say when you complained?
Did they take your "querella"?
Are you still in Jarabacoa, and if so, do you need/want to stay there?

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
If this happened at the place called Tio Alfredo or something like that close to the central park, you knocked down the chief of the municipal police.

G

gary short

If this happened at the place called Tio Alfredo or something like that close to the central park, you knocked down the chief of the municipal police.

WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOEEEE............this is gettin juicy......

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
From reading some of your other posts do I take it you LIVE in Jarabacoa? And you have a pool equipment import and distribution business? And your father lives in Jarabacoa as well? So you are not a tourist, right? So you have probably learned something about how to behave here (no disrespect meant to tourists btw)?
Tell me, are you Dominican? Is this about a family feud between 2 families? Although if you were a Dominican I doubt you would be asking us here what to do because you'd already know. Or this a test item for a social psychology experiment to guage reactions maybe?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm having a little difficulty in taking all this for real. Please clarify. Thank you.

cuas

May 29, 2006
You hit a Dominican in his own place and still alive. mmhhh, mmhh, mmhhh.
The police came and only punched you. mmhhh, mmhhh, mmhhh.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You hit a Dominican in his own place and still alive. mmhhh, mmhh, mmhhh.
The police came and only punched you. mmhhh, mmhhh, mmhhh.
I'm anxious to hear more details to clarify a few points, but I can say that the OP did not say that the cops came in and punched him.
He mentioned some of the owner's friends hitting him a few times.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
20 hours since the original post & no comeback to the questions asked here?? I would never post a question here on DR1 & not get back within 3 hours to check responses & certainly would then clarify the areas that appear to have been neglected in the OP!

Who is the Cabarete Real Estate person JCrew20? Maybe he/she can shed a different viewpoint to this confrontation in Jarabacoa?

Maybe Lambada has a point that this is a check to see what 'Gringo Unthought-out support' he would get & then throw it back in their faces? Quite weird! ~ Grahame.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
20 hours since the original post & no comeback to the questions asked here?? I would never post a question here on DR1 & not get back within 3 hours to check responses & certainly would then clarify the areas that appear to have been neglected in the OP!

... or maybe he is in jail or something terrible has happened?:ermm:

Marlie

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
... or maybe he is in jail or something terrible has happened?:ermm:

Marlie

That was my thought... perhaps not able to get back to DR1 at the moment.

It's sad to see how rather insignificant disagreements can escalate out of control. I guess it's what happens when two seemingly irrational forces collide.