Catamaran or Snorkel Tours

C

Cheryl

Hi- This will be my first trip to DR and I am really looking forward to it. The people on this board have been very helpful, you've answered my questions about Riu Mambo (puerta Plata) now I need information about tours. I seem to be able to find info and links for everything except for Catamaran and/or Snorkel Tours. This is one of the things I want to do MOST in DR, can anyone provide me with info? Tour companies that you have enjoyed, maybe web-sites? Any and all will be helpful. (Less than 5 weeks and I can't wait!)

Thanks so much! Cheryl

B

Beth

I will be going Friday and will let you know. Someone e-mailed me and said the Catamaran trip to Sousua was excellent. It leaves from Playa Dorado. It travels to Sousua and then you snorkel there. By far the best snorkeling in the area. I was told is was from about 8A.m. to about 4p.m. and cost approx. $60US. Lunch included. I'll e-mail you when I return on April 8th. with details.

M

Marleen

Took this trip last March. It is a long ride for a lousy lunch. If you plan on snorkelling take your own equipment or be prepared to rent it. The equipment is not supplied. From the group that was on the catameran with us, No one snorkeled. It was not a trip that I found worth while. Stay and your hotel and enjoy the beach, sand, sun and the lunch there. I think you will be happier.

J

JANE

Has anyone else been on on these tours and was their experiance the same.Would really like to find out before the 8th April has we were planning and looking forward to trying this.

R

Richard

Snorkling at the Sosua beach, a couple of 200 yards away will keep you satisfied. Equipment rental for a couples of pesos.

S

Sue@Dorado Club Resort

We had a blast on the Cat!!

We took the Catamaran called "Freestyle" that leaves from the beach past Gran Ventana. We had drinks included and a very nice cold lunch of salads and coldcuts and buns...etc. The snorkel gear was supplied and most of us tried it out. (Really fun!) It cost about 60US...and I thought it was well worth it. It's a full day....8:30am til 4:00pm...Can't wait to go again!!

M

Marleen

Re: We had a blast on the Cat!!

I wish I could remember the name of the cat we took. The drinks were rum & coke, rum, or coke. If you wanted water you had to have brought your own.. Our lunch was on the beach, which by the way was beautiful, but as I said the lunch was bad. There was no room on the cat for food.