living expenses for single person

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
i have used the search on this but i wanted to see whether prices have increased/decreased. Im making the move soon to the DR...this is what ive found on DR1 and id like to see if it matches with your monthly expenses

food 160mth (1 *person)
electricity no air-con/government 50mth (for 1 person basic home stuff)
personal insurance 30mth
home insurance $60000 house 66mth
water 30mth
transport/gas for cycle 30mth
phone 30mth
internet 50mth
cable tv 15mth
house maintanance 60mth
pool cleaner 1mth 80mth

total $600

fun anybody's guess
booze same

i can see this subject has been covered to DEATH and its clear that not everyone is the same with respect to his/ her spending but if you ARE LIVING NOW IN THE DR AND YOU'D LIKE TO ASSIST A DR NEWBIE WITH YOUR INSIGHT PLEASE DO!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Nice, classy screen name. You think that up all by yourself?:rolleyes:

A

apostropheman

Nice, classy screen name. You think that up all by yourself?:rolleyes:
loved the movie though!:cheeky:
Porky's (1982)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porky's
200px-Porky%27s.png

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
i have used the search on this but i wanted to see whether prices have increased/decreased. Im making the move soon to the DR...this is what ive found on DR1 and id like to see if it matches with your monthly expenses

food 160mth (1 *person) minimal eating out with this budget.
electricity no air-con/government 50mth (for 1 person basic home stuff)yup
personal insurance 30mthyes for health insurance
water 30mth do you mean drinking water (that's a lot) or for the cisterna?
transport/gas for cycle 30mth Seems to be reasonable.
phone 30mthCell? HOme phone?
internet 50mthInternet cafe? DSL in your house???
cable tv 15mthYup
house maintanance 60mthAnyone's guess on this one....
pool cleaner 1mth 80mth Salary only no chemicals, yes

total $600

fun anybody's guess Depends on your version of fun and how expensive your tasts are....LOL
booze same

i can see this subject has been covered to DEATH and its clear that not everyone is the same with respect to his/ her spending but if you ARE LIVING NOW IN THE DR AND YOU'D LIKE TO ASSIST A DR NEWBIE WITH YOUR INSIGHT PLEASE DO!

Hope that helps.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Hope that helps.

food 160mth (1 *person) minimal eating out with this budget. yes super market basics, milk chicken eggs etc
electricity no air-con/government 50mth (for 1 person basic home stuff)yup
water 30mth do you mean drinking water (that's a lot) or for the cisterna?cisterna
transport/gas for cycle 30mth Seems to be reasonable.
phone 30mthCell? HOme phone?cell for a basic plan enough to cover emergency calls and a few social things
internet 50mthInternet cafe? DSL in your house???preferably dsl in my house dial up[COLOR]
cable tv 15mthYup
house maintanance 60mthAnyone's guess on this one....COLOR="Red"]your quite right
[/
pool cleaner 1mth 80mth Salary only no chemicals, yes

planner as far as the basics go ...have i forgotten anything...thanks again for your assistance
total $600

fun anybody's guess Depends on your version of fun and how expensive your tasts are....LOLim cheap old ba$tardo...nothing but the worst for me !!!!!!!!!1
booze same

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
tell me planner $ 30 seems very cheap for health insurance. ideally id like a plan that was robust, ie able to fully take care of any medical operations if required/or dental work. Medical bills are expensive as you know and im trying to believe that a $30 per mth insurance scheme will cover my a$$ entirely...but im having some trouble believing that !!!!!!!!!!!Do you have any further thoughts??? thanks again

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have my insurance with LA COLONIAL and it is a standard health insurance, does cover operations and such and costs around 1000 pesos a month - more or less 30 US dollars. if you pay more you will get better insurance, covering more complicated and expensive treatments....