Hair Dryers in Sosua/Puerto Plata

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can buy a hair dryer and a clothes iron in the Sosua/Puerto Plata area?

I can't seem to find one.

Do you have a general idea of the cost?

Thanks.

Vibe

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Puerto Plata - Casa Nelson, Silvero Meson......... cost depends on model chosen.

james

Jan 14, 2002
BY the look of it you probably have not even tried to look as these items are found in so many places. It appears you do not even live here but have a lady here that apparently does not have 2 legs or a mouth to ask her friends where to get anything or maybe you do not trust anything she tells you.
You have approx more than 36 previous posts asking the exactly the same type of questions.
See 2 pages of previous posts at: http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1884673

You are definitetly one lazy person and are real good at getting others to do all your work for you.

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
BY the look of it you probably have not even tried to look as these items are found in so many places. It appears you do not even live here but have a lady here that apparently does not have 2 legs or a mouth to ask her friends where to get anything or maybe you do not trust anything she tells you.
You have approx more than 36 previous posts asking the exactly the same type of questions.
See 2 pages of previous posts at: http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1884673

You are definitetly one lazy person and are real good at getting others to do all your work for you.

WTF !?!

LOL...

Dude you are absolutely crazy!

I'm so stunned by your response I don't even know what to say.

This is a message board.

The whole purpose is for people to share information.

I ask here because honestly I can get a straight answer fast.
Whenever I ask in person I don't get a straight answer.

I was just on the phone with Casa Nelson for about 40 minutes trying to get them to tell me the cost for a hair dryer (secador para el pelo).

They kept insisting they didn't sell them even though I saw it on there website.

I've met a lot of local dominicans who can't answer simple domestic questions like how much for a blow dryer - because in reality a lot of them can't afford one in the first place.

Get a grip and stop acting psycho.

- Vibe

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Umm...

In Puerto Plata I have always heard hairdryers referred to as "blowers." Perhaps that is why they told you they don't carry them.

I purchased my clothes iron at Gonzalez at the corner of Separacion and Beller.

chinola

Sep 6, 2005
I have to agree with James, because even the Supermercado Playero in Sosua does sell these items and there are well displayed, so nobody has to ask for it.