Want to join me??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Next Friday, January 26 I will go to the Centro Le?n for a loooong look at the Jorge Morel Exhibition, and the rest of the exhibits at the Centro. I hope to start at 10:00 a.m.

If you are the least interested in art, anthropology or the history and society of the Dominican Republic, I would suggest you make plans to join me as I take you around the Centro. It is something I do not do often, but, generally, the experience is a good one.

Plus, there is good beer and sandwiches and desserts afterwards!!

Let me know if you are interested in joining me.

Just send a PM or post here.

HB

C

Chip00

HB

Is that the building on Ave. 27 on the way to Tamboril just a couple of clicks from "el elevado"? If so that's pretty close to where I live. I'm going to be super busy next week but am a big fan of anthroplogy, presidente and sandwhiches. How long do you think the "tour" will last?

Chip

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I guess hillbilly would have better luck finding more folks to come along if he had invited them to a free concert of chopo bachatero raulin rodriguez or anthony santos. Luis, you are dealing with gringo chopos here, no one is interested in cultural, art events in this country.
AZB

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
UFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This is a GREAT offer. You are a fool if you don't take this up. HB is a great historian. I have a cousin that took classes with him and speaks HIGHLY of him.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Definitely a kind & generous offer. Wish I was there to take you up on it.

For everyone else, Centro Leon has a well-maintained website updated regularly with their current events and exhibitions.

Info on Yoryi Morel Centro Le?n - Noticias

Main website Centro Le?n

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
2 hours max
Time is flexible
Was hoping North Shore Blondes would be interested.

Come on! Do not be shy!!

HB

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
HB
Count us in as long as our world stays sane. Where and how do we get there

Bob K and Pat

tropical

Nov 20, 2004
www.facebook.com
centro leon

Luis, count JJ & I in....We'd love to be in your company for a couple of hours(especially me, I need to get away for awhile from the little one, if you know what I mean) just pm me the final details..

JJ/Rocio

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Tour Guide

He is the very best. Delores and I had the pleasure one Saturday in June. He knows everything and everyone that is displayed. Centro Leon is not to be missed and with the "Best Guide" in the DR it is that much more so.
JJ and Rocio, we are envious.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
IF AZB decides to go, we can do it at about 11:30 a.m. on Friday 26 January.
Otherwise, we can do it an hour earlier. How's that?

Directions: From North Coast by Tourist Highway:
At the intersection of the highway and Estrella Sadhal? (right there by Anthony's / Hach?), hang a left towards the Gran Almirante and Pricemart.
Stay in the middle lane and DO NOT take the overpass. At the light, take a left.
About 250 yards after the second of the next two lights, look on the right for a very modern building with electric gates like a parking lot....Parking is free.

Entrance is RD$70 p/p, dress well, the A/C is good. No camaras allowed inside but there are one or two places for nice interesting shots before or after.

It does have one of the nicest gift shops I have seen here. All quality.

HB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
2 hours max
Time is flexible
Was hoping North Shore Blondes would be interested.

Come on! Do not be shy!!

HB

North Shore Blondes are definately interested!!! I have you in the agenda - but - first have to clear something else out!!! Will need help finding us a place to stay over so we can do some shopping, eating out and later dancing....

AZB - are you going to join us???

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Excellent idea HIllbilly. Morel's work is great, the exhibit looks like it's very comprehensive and the center is really something to see. Now this is a good outing. Dont know if I can make it up from the capital on that day, but it certainly is tempting! All of you should really take him up on this offer, this is a special event. There are some great DOminican painters and Morel is one of them.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
OKAY!
We will meet at 11:30 a.m. on Friday 26 January at the Centro Le?n on Avenida 27 de Febrero.

If you have any questions on how to get there or need a ride, please let me know.

Feel free to join us!! COME ON, live a little outside the box!!

I think we'll have a lot of fun...at least I hope so!

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I am trying to re-schedule my 12.00 meeting with a pretty masseur to another day - if successful, I will be with you for coffee prior to going up to the centre! :smoke: ~ Grahame.

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
Hey HB, what's this???? no North Coast brunette's invited??? :speechles

I am sorry to say that I only fly home on the 26th-into POP on good old 979 from MIA at 4:15, so I will miss your cultural adventures!

Count me in for the next one (please--a little more advance notice for this global wanderer !!!)

Maggie

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
So sorry Maggie! the 28th is the last day of the exhibit.
I would suggest that you send me a PM so we can discuss an alternative.

HB