Looking for a short-term rent or sublet.

Hastapronto

Jan 19, 2007
Hi, everybody!

I am coming to Sosua with my wife for one month and a half to prepare a tourist booklet for a European agency. Will need a decent reasonably priced place to live. Close to a beach. From March 22 to May 13. Rent or sublet. Please contact me with ideas if any. For shorter visits we normally stay at Casa Cayena, but they have no kitchen.
!Gracias!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There are some hotels with kitchenettes, that might have monthly rates.
Sublets for apartments or condos are near impossible to find for the exact time frame you need.
You do have the advantage that it's near the end of high season, so the prices and availability may be better.
Condos are probably the ideal option for you.
Give us an idea of the price range and your requirements.,
When you say, "near a beach", almost all of El Batey, Sosua is near a beach, but if you mean right on the beach, or across the street, for you to jump into the ocean, you can pretty much forget that one.

Hastapronto

Jan 19, 2007
Thank you very much for your reply!
We are thinking about to pay roughly $ 1 000 US for this month -and -a- half period.
Both Robert in Waterfront and Boris in Casa Cayena give us a great long-term rate and their location is ideal, but they have no kitchenettes.

Five minutes walk to a beach further than they are will be acceptable and we`d prefer to be near a smaller quiter beach like Playa Alicia or alike and not to the central Sosua beach with too much "activity" and too little privacy and tranquility. We go there to our favorite Scandinavian Bar to eat sometimes though.
Actually even El Neptuno could be considered or its area or Blue Bayou (if I spell it correctly, a condo at the playa Alisia)

Maybe some of this Forum members leave for vacation during this time and want to rent out. Even Casa Marina offeres a VERY low rate for this long stay, but being with AI crowd is out of the question!

Internet will be considered a big advantage.

Thank you for help in advance!

Hastapronto

Jan 19, 2007
Thank you for the great info!

But it is a bit above our budget.

Thank you for your kind help anyway!