Gym Membership? What does it cost?

holita

Jun 6, 2006
I was looking at joining Gold's Gym or Body shop...does anyone know the monthly dues for those gyms??? Thank you.

Also, do you know what aerobics instructors make at gyms like that? I currently teach aerobics, and I know I will miss that so much when I live there.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if you get a job as an instructor in gold's gym, your can work out there for free. They don't make that much money there.
The going rate is 8 thousand plus change (pesos) for joining. 1300 / month thereafter. I suggest you wait till they have 40% off special.
AZB

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
Forgot the Body Shop membership i paid, but make sure to inquire about the "ambassador" rate or whatever. It's basically for gringos and is much, much cheaper... bringing it even below Gold's. The snag is, you can only have it for two years. So... Holita... if you live here forever :cheeky: you will have to pay the members entrance fee eventually.

p.s. AZB, was looking forward to meeting you last week. You bailed?

Kiboko

Dec 26, 2006
Body Shop

Body Shop costs $9,995 for membership, then $1,995 a month ($1,595 by direct debit), or $16,750 up front for a year. There are discounts for additional family members, students and senior citizens. Alternatively, they have rates for temporary membership which don't require the initial membership fee, ranging from $400 for a day, to $4,050 for a month, to $23,000 for a year. It's not cheap by any means, but they have good facilities, and we enjoy working out there.

C

Chip00

Santiago

Bio fit in Santiago is RD2500+/- up front and RD800 month. It is very clean, the equipment is new and they have aerobics and cardio machines.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Bio fit in Santiago is RD2500+/- up front and RD800 month. It is very clean, the equipment is new and they have aerobics and cardio machines.

Do they have air conditioning? It gets really hot in the summer.
AZB

C

Chip00

Do they have air conditioning? It gets really hot in the summer.
AZB

I've been a member since July and but I can't remember if they have ac which means they probably don't. I do know that they have big fans that cool one off pretty quickly. The heat hasn't bothered me but then again I don't have ac in my house and it doesn't bother me their either.

C

Chip00

Biofit

BTW Biofit in Santiago has AC where they do aerobics and huge industrial fans in the weightlifting area. If it was any cooler I probably wouldn't go there.