Best Bank in the Dominican Republic?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
What's the best commercial bank in the Dominican Republic?

From customer service, to online banking, to ease of opening an account, to high interest rates on checking/savings accounts, to low/no service fees, to prevalent ATMS and offices, which bank in the Dominican Republic (preferably in Santo Domingo) is the BEST?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think it comes down to more who you know in the bank. We get excellent customer service from Banco Popular, our account manager is very good.
I'm sure if she moved banks, we would follow her.

Banco Popular offers online banking that works well. Their connection with BPD Bank in NY is also very handy. Transferring between banks etc etc is a breeze and both we have found are easy to deal with. Especially as BPD Bank have an office in Santo Domingo.

ustilagor

May 30, 2004
I used the ATM at a Banco Popular while I was visiting in Santo Domingo last month and they only charged me $1 USD and I don't even have an account with them. That is cheaper than most ATM's in the USA charge for non-customers. Couldn't cash my travelers checks there though. I would sure consider using them if I were to need a bank in the DR, only problem is there is no branch for Banco Popular here in Tampa so don't know anything about opening an account here and withdrawing money in the DR.