Dominican food in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuany

Nov 11, 2006
Where can I find places to eat where Dominicans eat in Sosua? I'm looking for cheap places to eat. I want to experience places other than Quixotes, Morai Mai, Oceanfront, and etc.

alfou

Aug 15, 2006
there's one just across the street of Britannia...Can't remember the name this morning.....

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Just go off the beaten path a bit and you will see.
But mostly go to Los Charimicos or any other small town and you will see.
'Course, if you like your food that's kept warm with a light bulb :)

I always eat 'local' and I have found most of the food was much better than the resort food.

Sosuany

Nov 11, 2006
There aren't any local places in sosua near Pedro Clisante that offer Cheap food? I've eaten at the street chicken places for 100 pesos, but I'm looking for more.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Walk the beach to the very end. As you exit you will walk up a steep hill. The first block after you pass the church make a right. Walk about two or three blocks and you will find just what you are looking for.

If you don't feel like walking hop on a moto and go to Los Charimicos as mentioned by jrf.

stelen123

Jan 13, 2006
The Car Wash ( by La Mulata) offers Menu del dia (daily specials) for 80 pesos. Very popular with locals and the food is good.

lulu

Jan 14, 2005
Yes, Rocky's is great. I can vouch for that. Especially with a nice presidente

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Try Ana's Comedor in Los Castillos...for lunch. You turn off the highway and go up the hill by Parada Alex. Follow the signs and then make a right at the fork in the road. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any street name...

A

apostropheman

Adjective

WordNet home page
Rocky's isn't Dominican food. His food isn't that cheap either.
certainly not:cheeky:, but is is good quality, tasty, safe, reasonably priced not to mention very popular:bunny:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The only place I would eat Dominican food out of (other than my own kitchen) is at La Gaviota.
I'm prone to stomach problems from food that's even a little bit off, and La Gaviota is the only place I trust.(For Dominican food).
(See the telephone icon in black just below the number 2 on the map. That is exactly where La Gaviota is located.)
SosuaMapNumbered600x346.jpg

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
Pica Pollo

there's this little place near la parada de Caribe Tour.. Where it's supposed to be the exit from Los Charamicos.. A few years back it used to be a Canadian Restaurant. Really really good Pica Pollo there

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There's a good little outdoor Dominican cafeteria on Pedro Clisante, diagonally across the street from Four Roses/Dominos...close to Europa...meat, rice and salad for around 80-100 pesos. There's also an indoor place a door or two down from the Colmado across the street (near the Super Super).

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you go down Pedro Clisante past where the last poster said towards Cabarete there is a place called Batista. Look on the left about two or three blocks past Supermarcado Zollo. You will see a sign, it is a half block on the left. Real Dominican Restaurant filled with Dominicans at lunch. Cost a hundred pesos or less for a full meal.

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
If you walk pass Hotel Don Antonio on Dr. Rosen to the Highway. The other side of the Street is a Dominican Cafe where all the locals eat. Cheap food and cheap Beer. I would sit there sometimes to to get away from people selling things and the girls. Some times you just need time to yourself, good little place to rest.

Sosuany

Nov 11, 2006
I ate at La Gaviota. It's an okay place. The chicken place before The Velvet Rope is cheaper and a lot more food. The only downside is that they only serve chicken.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Surfup...I know the place you are talking about...very good food...it is near the place I sometimes put a small bet in on a football game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.