north coast vseast coast

pace1

Jan 14, 2007
i was just wondering if some of you could explain negative, positive of living on the north coast compared to living on the east coast with a young family?

thanks in advance
Phil

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I have not visited the east coast, but I can tell you that I chose the north coast to build my house because it had the right combination of country and city. There are good hospitals and schools, and it is bustling with activity, yet there are open spaces and quiet beaches.

From what I hear, the east coast is very beautiful, but more of a vacation place - very remote from the real world. - D

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
I've been to both places and the East Coast is far more remote with far less beyond the hotels. It has some of the most beautiful AI Hotel's, beautiful beaches and is great for a vacation destination. However, for year round living, the north coast is the place to be. It has far more of the modern conveniences, stores, access to medical care, schools and the like and would be the better of the places to live year round and raise the family

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I would totally agree with Danny and Denmay - however, the Punta Cana/Bavaro area is changing in this regard as more housing and condo developments are built. It will take 10 years though before it even get close to the level of facilities on the North shore.