anyone else in BC y Saona from 2/21 -3/3?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
or around that time.

I am traveling solo this year (after a debacle travel buddy last year).

will be spending most of my time in Boca Chica...saturday night in Santo Domingo. and just looking for some other people to hang out with. I am pretty much a beach bum...and will go to juan dolio and playa caribe. Would really like to go isla saona....but would like to try to put something together that doesnt involve traveling with en mas with a bunch of other tourists.

I am thinking of traveling to bahayibe and staying there a night (or two) and hiring a local to take me out to the isla. Of course i dont want to do an AI...so i am looking for a person or couple or a few folks to hang with.

I am flex with the dates (can travel a week or so later if need be...but not sooner)

Me...i am 42, gay (not a flamer and straight friendly....my favorite trip was when i met a cool married couple from boston a few years ago).
I DO have som friends around the area...but they have jobs to go to.

Ok...someone get back to me and lets get this trip started!!!!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
dang...NOBODY is going to be in BC at this time???

Not looking to "hook up"...just cool folks to chill with. Am just about ready to book my flight for either feb 21 or 22.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
jrzyguy.....I am in Juan Dolio.
If you are interested in a trip to Saona with friends PM me and I'll give you a number to call.
WARNING: I don't know how willing my contact will be to take you. Last time (about a month ago) I sent ppl his way they stiffed him by letting him arrange a trip for them (they live in SD) and friends that were vacationing in the DR by calling him a 12:30 at night to cancel the trip to Catalina departing the next day at 8 AM. He got stuck paying the expenses so he may not be willing to arrange it directly with you unless you pay upfront.
If you make it to Juan Dolio we can meet up if you like. Just post the date here or PM me for my phone number....

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hey there JRZYGUY

Myself and my husband are going to Boca Chica Feb 19 th - Mar 7th. We are staying at the El Candil and would be happy to get together for some beach times and drinks. We are 46 and 53 and very social. I also have friends in Boca Chica and Santo Domingo as we have been going to BC for 10 yrs. It sounds like a party in the making!!!

Lizzard aka Liz

beberebozo

Feb 7, 2007
Hey jrzy, pennsy represented here. I'll be making my first visit to the DR 2/20-2/27 and would appreciate the chance to gain some local knowledge from someone who knows the area. I'm 55 mwm but traveling solo, no gay phobia (plenty of others). My primary reason for visiting is the beach, some snorkeling, maybe some inshore fishing if I can get get hooked up with a guide, scuba lessons, not locked into BC. I'm still fleshing out the details and reading the boards but thought I'd say hey.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
have hit a slight snag here....a slight delay due to some bad luck the past couple of weeks....but i THINK i might only have to delay one week. If not i will be down there definitely by mid march.

sigh...i WANNA GO NOW!!!!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Hey JJ. I'll be back from Samana on the 1st. I'll be staying in the capitol, but I'll get to BC before I leave on Sunday.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
briefly. Any good/decent hotel recommendations in B.C. for 35 usd?

Never have mind spending the extra on candil But with P&G gone..and the fact that i am traveling solo...(and with a few suprised expenses here)...i am looking to cut the hotel bill. Candil is asking for 53 (its worth it for those reading)...I just have a tight travel budget. Dont need a pool, wanna be approx the same distance to the beach and duarte as candil or costalunga.

Just need decent security and would prefer AC.

HELP!!! i really want to get there sooner rather than later!

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
briefly. Any good/decent hotel recommendations in B.C. for 35 usd?

Never have mind spending the extra on candil But with P&G gone..and the fact that i am traveling solo...(and with a few suprised expenses here)...i am looking to cut the hotel bill. Candil is asking for 53 (its worth it for those reading)...I just have a tight travel budget. Dont need a pool, wanna be approx the same distance to the beach and duarte as candil or costalunga.

Just need decent security and would prefer AC.

HELP!!! i really want to get there sooner rather than later!

I KNOW OF A LIL MOTEL YOU CAN STAY AT.IT'S SUPRISINGLY NICE.IT'S 1/2 BLOCK UP AND ON SAME SIDE AS Madjera.IT'S ABOVE AND BEHIND THE LIQUOR STORE IN MIDDLE OF THE BLOCK.CARLOS RUNS THE STORE AND SETS YOU UP WITH THE HOTEL.IT'S SECURE AND LIKE I SAID SUPRISINGLY NICE.I GOT A KITCHEN,KITCHEN TABLE,FRIG,PLATES,UTENSILS,VERY NICE WALK IN SHOWER,VERY COMFORTABLE BED,BALCONY LOOKIN OUT INTO THE STREET,TV,THE ONLY THING WAS NO A/C BUT THE 2 CEILING FANS WORKED MORE THAN JUST FINE.I FORGOT HIS NUMBER.BUT I PAYED I THINK 35-IT COULD OF BEEN 30 TOO.VERY NICE,CLOSE.ITS ASSAME CAUSE PEOPLE HARDLY ANYONE KNOW OF IT.

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
we will be at the candil from the 1st till the 28th were in our fifties and 60,s love, the beach and travelling around meeting people thats in the 2008 year maybe we can hook up , hope too see you,s there let me know