Inextensa

miss mia

Oct 13, 2006
Hello im getting married in casa marina , sosua on 26th feb , does anyone know the fastest way to obtain the inextensa, such a maybe pay slightly more and get the judge to do it the day, we really need it asap as needed to apply for uk visa and i will be leaving on 7th march and would really like to go with my husband to santo domingo to apply (in the case that they need more documents ect i can get them faxed from uk there and then) does anyone know the process and can help with this ?

miss mia

Oct 13, 2006
aprarently its the full legalised marriage certificate as they dont do it on the day , many of my friends have been married there and they have recieved theirs in 2-5 days

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
nobodies business but yours but ahhh

Yes the inextensa is the unabridged legal document which likly it can be provided the same day, assuming it is a working day, BUT most likley you will require it to be legalized, which it is then sent to JCE and returned or you can take it there yourself and have it done.

Cost to legalize it is usually 300 pesos, anyway that is if you take it yourself, if they send it it may be a peso or more aditional.

GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES

Last edited by a moderator:

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
I've never heard of extensa or however you say it before. But i got married in Santo Domingo and right after the ceremony she handed us the marriage certificate and the other one which is a shorter form. They both have official looking stamps on them. I'm sure if you contact the person performing your marriage before hand and explain the situation there won't be a problem. But make sure you make it clear, because i have heard of people waiting 3-5 months for their certificates.
Good luck!!

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
You need to take the one the judge gives you to the JCE and get it legalized. The Inextensa form will say just that on it. Explain to the judge ahead of time and then give him/her a few extra $$ to cement the deal. Money makes things go faster in the DR.

-Tim