A group of 30 to Cabarete ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR_fan

Jan 18, 2007
Hello all :

I am part of a group of 30 people coming to the DR in 2008. We are part of a larger church group that sponsor 71 children in the village of Monte Llano. We have been to the DR twice before and stayed at "all inclusives" at Playa Dorado. This time we would like to control our costs and stay at a B&B in Cabarete. We are considering the Casa Blanca B&B .

Question: At the Casa Blanca, would it be suitable for a group 30 people ( adults & children ). Is it clean ? Is there dining near by ? How can I get 30 people back & forth to Monte Llano from cabarete ? Is there a local bus service that I can hire for the week ? Is Cabarete safe for children ? Should we consider going back to Playa Dorado ?

Any comments or advice about Cabarete would be appreciated...

DR_Fan

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
DR_fan,
I love Cabarete & have taken friends & families there. They've all loved it.

However, for a group of 30 kids? Personally, I'd head to an AI with them for security, buffets, and free soda whenever they want it. In Cabarete, everyone will have to order at restaurants, pay their bills, and buy all their miscellaneous snacks. Also, at an AI, you get dropped off at the reception area & everyone's within the complex & relatively secure. In Cabarete, you'll be in a small town where it's more difficult to keep a group together, there's a busy street to deal with, etc.

Regarding housing 30 people, I think you should contact Casa Blanca directly. Your group might fill them up completely. I think they have a restaurant right there - so they might make arrangements to provide all of your meals. Note, according to their website some rooms don't have private baths and only some of the rooms have A/C.

Multiple restaurants exist in Cabarete within a 1-5 minute walk of Casa Blanca. It's located at the eastern point of Cabarete bay. Understand that walking along the street (no sidewalk) to town can be a little dangerous due to traffic. Walking along the beach during the day is fine - at night, keep in mind there will be some dark areas you need to move through.

Regarding transportation, there may be some bus services available - but you'd definitely be able to hire 2 or 3 vans to shuttle everyone on a daily basis.

Is Cabarete safe for children? What age are these kids & what level of chaperoning will you provide? If an adult is with them all the time, shouldn't be a problem. Left on their own, there's trouble to get into if they're looking for it - whether through alcohol, sex, or other problems. I recently saw a situation there where a mission group of 16-18 year olds(?) were what I'd describe as 'out of control' two nights from 10pm-1am while their chaperones were in their rooms.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Sorry posting twice in a row, but sometimes my brain works slower than usual.

Go with an AI in Cabarete. Gives you all the benefits I mentioned above as well as the opportunity to actually have a town to venture into for shopping or to go to another restaurant occasionally.

That makes me happy - I can recommend Cabarete to you :)

DR_fan

Jan 18, 2007
Thanks CFA for the info. It is very much appreciated. I see the Casa Blanca is in an area called La Punta. I wonder how the beach is there for children ?

DR_Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.