Sankies and Race....

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I am gonna go ahead and throw this out there...but does anyone other than me think that race does paly a factor with Sankies....I feel that there is a MUCH higher chance that they are "genuine" and not be sankies when dealing with their own race...ie. Other people from the Caribbean or other Blacks and Latinos...Just a thought....

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
"their own race" recognizes that they are sankies and only the real stupid ones fall for them.

sankies tend to seek out caucasians.

let's hope i didn't light a bonfire with that statement !!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sankies seek out the naive and vulnerable that have something to offer. It has nothing to do with race colour or religion ;)

BTW paradise this forum is for the discussion of sankies which means someone that is a con artist, gigolo. These sankie discussions do not include all Dominican men. This is a place to learn the games that are used on naive people.

If you want to learn more about Dominican men or Dominicans you really need to get out of this forum and go read something else. ;)

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
"their own race" recognizes that they are sankies and only the real stupid ones fall for them.

Sankies seek out the naive and vulnerable that have something to offer. It has nothing to do with race colour or religion

Exactly.................

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I think this is legitimate...

Sankies seek out the naive and vulnerable that have something to offer. It has nothing to do with race colour or religion ;)

BTW paradise this forum is for the discussion of sankies which means someone that is a con artist, gigolo. These sankie discussions do not include all Dominican men. This is a place to learn the games that are used on naive people.

If you want to learn more about Dominican men or Dominicans you really need to get out of this forum and go read something else. ;)

I know this is a forum for Sankies, that's why I asked the question here...I think it's a legitimate discussion...I personally think that Sankies go after Caucasians as well...

I myself recently met a local Dominican in Punta Cana...He has not displayed and SANKIE behavior at all...I think that he is being genuine, but I am approaching this like I would a local guy(where I live)...I myself am from the Caribbean(but born in North America) and could esily pass for a Dominicana...My point is that I think there is a better chance that he is being "real" with me because we share similar culture...

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I am gonna go ahead and throw this out there...but does anyone other than me think that race does paly a factor with Sankies....
The only colour that influences their preference is green (or brown and red in Canadian notes) as in moolah. Don't try to make them into something special .... I know it's hard for you sankie lovers to understand. :ermm:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree Chiri - it is all about being a foreigner. Does not matter if you are from N America, Europe or Jamaica......... Almost any foreigner will do....

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I think you are all wrong...

But you are most likely Causasians yourself...But that's just a guess...

Us, Caribbean people, share very similar culture and experiences. I feel more respect and genuiness comes with that as well..Not saying that because you are Caribbean, you could never be sankified, I just feel that they are trying to use white women when they can...It see it locally ALL THE TIME !!!

And god knows especially in TORONTO !!! Huh Shad ???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

???

Yes we are all wrong and don't know what we are talking about so why are you asking? ;)

If you feel he is different why do you need validation from a bunch of strangers?
:ermm:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Great, you'll never be sankified .... they only do it white women. But they will take your money, screw you, and lie to you just as they do to white women. However, when they do it to you, it's called sharing with your unfortunate brothers and when they do it to white women it's called sankification (sic?). You're so lucky!!!! :ermm:

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Are you nuts...

....why do you need validation from a bunch of strangers?

I am not looking for validation in any way...I am a grown a-- woman and do not need that in any ways...Just looking for a little bit of a discussion...But it seems I am in the wrong place for that:bored:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

Us, Caribbean people, share very similar culture and experiences. I feel more respect and genuiness comes with that as well..Not saying that because you are Caribbean, you could never be sankified, I just feel that they are trying to use white women when they can...It see it locally ALL THE TIME !!!

And god knows especially in TORONTO !!! Huh Shad ???
You might think that, but most Dominicans don't. They will have more shared points of reference with someone from another Spanish-speaking country, but even so. You only have to hear the way some black Dominicans refer to American blacks to realise that they do not see themselves as members of the same race.

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Be precise...

....You only have to hear the way some black Dominicans refer to American blacks to realise that they do not see themselves as members of the same race.

Black Americans are not anywhere the same as people from the Caribbean or the West Indies...MUY DIFERENTE !!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
...Just looking for a little bit of a discussion...But it seems I am in the wrong place for that:bored:

A discussion takes place when people can write their own views on a topic based on experiences without being called nuts or crazy.:paranoid:

But you only want people to agree 100% with what you say and that is not a discussion

I need a nap now ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree Anna!

To the OP - most of us have who have answered have years in this country. We see it day in and day out. Some of us work in tourism and see it even more.

They do not restrict their sankie activities to us "gringas or gringos" it is all about foreigners who have what they want - money and a visa.

If it allows you to sleep better thinking different - then so be it. If you want to engage in conversation then don't be telling us we are WRONG. We have our opinions and you are entitled to yours.

I personally have seen Jamaican women (from Canada), Trinidadians, Cubans, etc etc get sankified. Some were very black and some were lighter skinned.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
I personally have seen Jamaican women (from Canada), Trinidadians, Cubans, etc etc get sankified. Some were very black and some were lighter skinned.

they fall into the "stupid" category...

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
I would have to agree with this too

You might think that, but most Dominicans don't. They will have more shared points of reference with someone from another Spanish-speaking country, but even so. You only have to hear the way some black Dominicans refer to American blacks to realise that they do not see themselves as members of the same race.

I know, that as a black person, I even view black Dominicans as different than me. Not in a bad way, but the culture is different and the language is different. I also had a friend who was Dominican in high school and she was dating a dark black guy and her dad (who was Dominican and darker than her boyfriend) was so upset that she was dating this black guy. It's way different and Dominicans view themselves as different than NorthAmerican-Caribbean people.
As well, being North American may trump all, including colour. Howeever, stereotypes about North American black women may stop anyone from approaching them in the same way they would approach white women. For example, when I was in the DR, the men that would ask us to dance would show the white women in my group, but then assume that I knew how. Maybe, I don't know, just my opinion.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
they fall into the "stupid" category...

We prefer you use the word naive .;)

People can be highly intelligent but naive to the ways of a con artist. A good con artist will not ask for anything straight out and it will always appear that everything was your own idea. ;)