Looking for Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

casscade

May 24, 2003
Are there any Natural, Organic, or Health Food stores in Santo Domingo or San Pedro de Macoris that might sell Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar? If so, where would I find these stores? I'm not looking for the kind you can buy in the grocery store such as Heinz or Musselman's. Thanks in advance to any responses!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Are there any Natural, Organic, or Health Food stores in Santo Domingo or San Pedro de Macoris that might sell Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar? If so, where would I find these stores? I'm not looking for the kind you can buy in the grocery store such as Heinz or Musselman's. Thanks in advance to any responses!
I know of none, and it would probably be a really tall order, specially in a country basically devoid of apples.
I know of the medecinal perks of apple cider vinagre.
Are there greater advantages to the organic stuff?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Org?nica, in Plaza Catalunya on Ave. Gustavo Mej?a Ricart in Santo Domingo, between Churchill and Lincoln Avenues, is your best bet. They sell a lot of imported health foods.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I know of none, and it would probably be a really tall order, specially in a country basically devoid of apples.
I know of the medecinal perks of apple cider vinagre.
Are there greater advantages to the organic stuff?

Most of what is sold in stores has been pasteurized therefore isn't of any more benefit than any other vinegar ;)

You need the raw stuff for the benefits

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Most of what is sold in stores has been pasteurized therefore isn't of any more benefit than any other vinegar
You need the raw stuff for the benefits
Yes, its got no chemical junk in it

I'm in the dark about what cures anyone is using it for, other than what I used to use it for, which was to change my PH balance, when I used to get bad cases of "turista", in the first years of living here.

That's why I was asking what the OP knows about it.

In my case, it couldn't matter less whether it was pasteurized or not, although I did find that the Heinz worked better than Musselman's.

What else does one use apple cider vinegar for?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Antibiotic, antiseptic & anti-inflammatory properties plus enzymes so can keep the joint stiffness of old age at bay, and deal with the cut on your finger whilst at the same time keeping you.......er.....regular.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think the PH thing is the key.
I've read that keeping your body's acidity neutral you're supposed to be able to fend off most everything. Organic has no additives, and wasn't heated (which is said to kill the enzymes that are good for you.)
mkohn

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Makes a Good "Douch" (Can't Spell,But You Know What I Mean!)

:p :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's why I always have that "Puckered" look!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

casscade

May 24, 2003
Thanks for all your help finding the organic apple cider vinegar. My friend found Bragg's at Organica. Omaha Steaks also carries organic apple cider vinegar but I'm not sure if it's Bragg's. My husband wants to try it for his psoriatic arthritis which is a type of arthritis associated with psoriasis. He's hoping it will help his skin too. If you go to the website earthclinic.com they have apple cider vinegar listed under their top 5 remedies for various conditions. You can even use it for your pets to control fleas and arthritis! Thanks again!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Glad to be of help. Here's some additional breaking news - I spotted this bottle at the Mercado Ecol?gico in Mirador Sur today:

standard.jpg