Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking I axed Verizon today

They arrogantly refused to give me a discount for the two weeks in which I had no service. No more internet and telephone. We are going to be strickly cellular. So to cancel the service we had to go up to Verizon and sit for 1.5 hours waiting to be served. In 1.5 hours the 5 of them processed 15 clients. The kicker was when she told us that to complete the process would require returning in two weeks for the deposit and to close out the account completely.
    They get me for 1.5 more hours in two weeks.

The good part is you don't have to listen to me blab as much.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you really without net connection for two weeks?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

just check out my history. Maybe there was a day or two where I went to the internet.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at my history it looks like it was 12 days without. The thing is it was at a very critical time for us...as my wife was ready to give birth at any time. We had cell phones but still I would have liked to have the telephone just as backup. What I learned is just how little I needed the phone and internet. cell phones will be fine and internet cafe.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

ugh that's crazy. I need it for work. guess I'll have to get two providers.
    Nice to have ya back and congrats!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

oh...you will not get the level of service you had in the other world. We called them several times to come out and fix it. They kept telling us within 24 hours. They never came. Then one day out of the blue...bingo...there the tech was. And this was in Santiago....in a nice area. Furthermore, the internet service is very unstable.

Chip00

Default Scary

For a guy who runs a business out of his home that is downright scary! I unfortunately don't know if anybody else in the Santiago area has high speed internet service. Those sob's at Verizon get me for about $180US a month for phone and internet. BTW the way $120US is for the internet and back home cost me $US35. Oh do I miss a free market!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Why am I not surprised they are changing their name back to Codetel when the sale is completed to America Movil, S.A.?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

the kicker snuffy...is they coud care less.... they dont worry about customer satisfaction much there...I dont know why... they figure you NEED them. You would think sooner or later the mentailty of the home depts and the walmrts...making such a killing and wiping out their competition...would show through at some point.. and buisnesses in the DR would see...hey you make them happy the word gets around and EVERYONE is coming through the door...because they know no matter what they will be satisfied.

now in the DR.. they think at the moment only .

for what it is worth...when the power goes out here in NY...you dont get any credit at all for your lost service...I have fought phone companies like crazy with my long distance calling plans... poor connections..... they give the same message.."we are sending a report to technical"

I bet they sent 15 reports...nothing happens

ha ha ha

bob

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I never had high speed internet service but I did pay for it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast