Dominican Wedding

G

Greg

Does anyone know of a traditional Dominican wedding prayer, speech, or quote, etc.? Please reply asap. Thanks!

N

Natasha

Hummm, I don't know about speeches, quotes, ect. that are traditionally Dominican. If you are marrying a Dominican, you could incorporate a very traditional ritual which is the "Arras" or coins. At some point during the ceremony (if you're having a religious one) a little boy will carry a small silver tray (for my wedding we used a small covered crystal box) with 13 coins. The boy hands them to the priest to be blessed, and then he passes them to the groom. The groom then passes them to the bride. This exchange signifies the material goods that the marriage will share. The coins are kept as a memento and to pass on to the couples' children.

Keep in mind that you could have someone read a verse from the Bible. I've been to many weddings here in the US, and it is very traditional to have readers. The ubiquitous Corinthians 1 (13) is always read. In the DR, I have yet to see people reading at weddings, but maybe some do. Hope this helps.

Natasha

S

Sue

My daughter would liketo get married in Punt Cana, Paridisus Resort. What are the legal requirements?