Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 Canadian Girls Wanting to move and work in the dominican

hi anyone who can help. we are two canadian girls wanting to move and work in the dominican rep. does anyone have any advice as of where to start.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

You can start by coming down here, deciding which area you like best, discovering what work you can do to make a living, if that's possible, then if all is a go, go back home and grab your stuff and come back.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't expect to find employment so easily.
    Unless you have contracted your services with a DR business prior to going there, you may find it to be a long, arduous process, even if you're experienced professionals. This may take months, that's right, months.
    IMHO, your best bet is to (as Rocky mentioned) go and explored. Then see what's available. You'll find that most of these jobs don't pay enough to cover your living expenses. Therefore, depending on how long you expect to stay in DR, You can do as the Chinese do and create your own opportunity by opening some kind of business. Perhaps Rocky et al, may advise you on investing there. But this is something reserved for those that truly love DR and want to make it a permanent home. If you're just looking to spend your summer vacation there, you won't find work worth "a hill of beans". (Bogart)

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Square One

Quote Originally Posted by hollybjolly View Post
    .... we are two canadian girls wanting to move and work in the dominican rep.
    Why the Dominican Republic?
    Have you been to this country?
    Do you speak Spanish?

... any advice as of where to start.
    Here.
    Do searches in the forum and read, read, read...

m'frog

BTW, welcome to the board.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

well i would like to be in boca chica. i have a friend working in a resort there would that make things any easier?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. we were hoping to move there for at least a yr and see how things went from there. if it's good then stay longer. in the process of learning spanish.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

we have been to the dominican rep. 5 times and absolutely love it there. learning to speak spanish now.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink The Friend

... i have a friend working in a resort there would that make things any easier?
    Well, depends on the type of friend...
    But if it's a male friend, yes, it would make things easier, I am sure.

For him that is...

m'frog

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Same story here...

hi anyone who can help. we are two canadian girls wanting to move and work in the dominican rep. does anyone have any advice as of where to start.
    Hi there...I just saw yor post...My friend and I are also looking to move to the DR. We are both Canadian as well...Weh ave each been there several times and loved the place....We are taking a 2 month "vacation" there, with the hopes of staying...Maybe we can help each other along the way. We are from Montreal..Keep in touch...We are learning loads also...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oops...

Meant to sent that in a PM....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast