Where's Maimon Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ablivernois

Jan 26, 2007
My g/f and I are staying at Cofresi beach in March, and we are planning on going on a Catamaran trip that leaves from in front of the Riu Merengue in Maimon Bay. Despite my best Google efforts, I can't figure out exactly where the Riu Merengue is, so that I can figure out whether to take a guagua or a taxi, and which way to go.

Any help? (BTW, my current guess is that it is the to the West of Cofresi, around the point from Ocean World. Am I close?)

Thanks.

Andrew

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
In red is Ocean World in yellow is Maimom Bay.

2rwnuxu.jpg

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Maimon Bay where the RIU hotels are (The RIU are to the right of the yellow circle) is about a 5 minute drive from Cofresi entrance via the main highway. Now where exactly the catamaran loads the people, I am not sure, probably on the public dock. I recommend taking a taxi because with a guagua you will have to walk quite a bit from the main highway.

ablivernois

Jan 26, 2007
Thanks

Thanks for the info guys. That's great.

The catamaran trip leaves from the beach right in front of the Riu resorts -- at the Watersports Center. It takes you over to Sosua bay for snorkeling on the reef. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds.

Sounds like a quick taxi ride will do the trick.

Thanks again.

--Andrew

champ

Dec 2, 2006
i heard there now taking the catamaran tours out of ocean world marina in cofresi

Status
Not open for further replies.