Oh my God!1 It's starting!!!!!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The ?guilas have pretty much squished the much disliked Tigres del Licey and taken the 2006-2007 Winter League Tournament. Dedicated to Ozzie Virgil (an old Aguila!!)

The ?guilas were winning 2-0, then 2-1 and then 4-1. all of a sudden it was 9-1 and pretty much GAME OVER. People have started going through the streets dragging anything metalic. Old fridges, metal cans, sheet metal roofing sheets, ANYTHING.

Nobody will sleep in Santiago tonight!!!

Glad there is no golf tomorrow!!!!!

The ?guilas will enjoy this victory. Tomorrow i'm going to call jos? Lima and see if he wants to play some golf with us...on Sunday. he was a good friend of my son's ....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AGUILAS CAMPEONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Talk about a "beer shower"........

...wow....sitting down in the reserve section....absolutely soaked upon the "catch" of the final fly ball for the out that secured the win.....fans in the street ...out beating on pans...horns blaring....people screaming........nuts here in Santiago.....

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Chatting online tonight with a friend in Cabarete.
About an hour ago he said "there's some kind of rally in the streets".

From reading HB's post, I was able to tell him to calm down - it was just the celebration from the ball game.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
At 2 am the party was still going on in my neighborhood.......

I wonder if they will have a parade on Sunday, like I saw a few years ago?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Monumento was gridlocked and no one cared. People were celebrating everywhere and firework was displayed from every corner. Then the aguilas team showed up on lima's Hummer. The team members were packed inside with girls and 10 guys/girls were actually sitting on the roof while lima was on the hood of the SUV with 3 more guys, drinking and waving/greeting everyone. I noticed the tall gringo on the roof whom I met a few days ago in a bar. I didn't even know he was with aguilas. Well, it was a crazy night and santiagueros were sure happy.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
EL QUE GANA, ES QUE GOCE!!!!

AGUILAS CAMPEONES...........

hb, sleepless in Santiago

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, how I wished we would have stayed a few more days to enjoy this well deserved victory!!!

AGUILAS CAMPEONES!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

MQ & Tony